D300 lens

Edit My Images
Yes
After much head scratching and furious saving not to mention bloomin hard work I have decided to take the plunge and buy a Nikon D300 but I am still undecided on a lens. I want something a bit above the quality offered in the standard kit lenses as I want something that will do the body justice. I shoot portraits, architecture, landscape and some macro and am looking for a high quality 'all rounder' preferably with VR? I am currently looking at the Nikon 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR AF-S DX but I am having no luck finding a decent review anywhere. Does anyone have any thoughts, recommendations or links to some trusted review sites?

:help:

After much head scratching and furious saving not to mention bloomin hard work I have decided to take the plunge and buy a Nikon D300 but I am still undecided on a lens. I want something a bit above the quality offered in the standard kit lenses as I want something that will do the body justice. I shoot portraits, architecture, landscape and some macro and am looking for a high quality 'all rounder' preferably with VR? I am currently looking at the Nikon 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR AF-S DX but I am having no luck finding a decent review anywhere. Does anyone have any thoughts, recommendations or links to some trusted review sites?

:help:

The best all round Nikon VR is the 18-200mm. I have one and it's absolutely excellent, even for motorsport! I may be selling it as my D80 is going for a D300, what with the arrival of an 18-50 f2.8 and a 70-200 f2.8 VR!

For Macro; you're looking at a different type of lens that has to be Macro specific.

Thanks for the info guys, I was a little wary of the 18-200 as I read a review at DPreveiw and it was a little on the negative side but then after reading Ken's review and subsequent others not to mention feedback from fellow photographers this may be my weapon of choice, coupled with a 12-24 again recommended by Ken!

Back