D40 or A200

You could even do Collect at Store. That way you've already made the purchase before you walk in there.

I am so glad I did not pre-purchase the a300 camera online the only one is stock was the display model.

you would only normally use continuous shoot mode in daylight/well lit areas,so the flash shouldn't be necessary.i take it you're talking about the built in flash?

i'm not sure about a hotshoe flash though..this may be better as it's powered separately,having said that..the flash does still need to power up,which takes a second or so (sony HVL-F36AM)

here is question does the bulit in flash bulb ever burn out.

I also figured out what I was doing wrong with it coming up so dark.

The light was NOT behind me. How could I have been so stupid :bang:.
:LOL:
This is the one thing you learn at primary school when taking photos always have light behind you.

only been into photography myself for a few months,so i have no idea how long the flash bulb will last,but probably the life of the camera.to be honest,the onboard flash has it's limitations,so you may well wish to buy a hotshoe mounted one sooner or later..but for now,enjoy what you have,and learning how to use it..

only been into photography myself for a few months,so i have no idea how long the flash bulb will last,but probably the life of the camera.to be honest,the onboard flash has it's limitations,so you may well wish to buy a hotshoe mounted one sooner or later..but for now,enjoy what you have,and learning how to use it..

Whats the best place to learn about photography for free.

I did do a media technolgy degree and this was covered but only in the first year and to be honest I forgot what was said I think two lectures over three year course covered the technical side of cameras

I want to take some wonderful pictures but I am not very well. I injured my leg last week and have been of work for a week (I did go into work on Monday (work in a shop) but after 2 hours I was told to go home.) and I have been told today by my GP to take another week of, work, its my birthday in aprox 14 days time, so this is a birthday present to myself. :LOL:

Yes, I'd expect the onboard flash to last the life of the camera. If you plan to do any serious flash photogeraphy it would be well worth your while getting yourself a hotshoe flashgun. A friend of mine just bought this one for her D80 and is delighted with it.

Whats the best place to learn about photography for free.

I did do a media technolgy degree and this was covered but only in the first year and to be honest I forgot what was said I think two lectures over three year course covered the technical side of cameras

I want to take some wonderful pictures but I am not very well. I injured my leg last week and have been of work for a week (I did go into work on Monday (work in a shop) but after 2 hours I was told to go home.) and I have been told today by my GP to take another week of, work, its my birthday in aprox 14 days time, so this is a birthday present to myself. :LOL:

for free....here for one :LOL:

there are lots of wesites that offer advice on the different aspects of photography i should imagine...i tend to read books,magazines etc etc..

a mate and forums member has showed me the basics of the camera and it's settings,controls etc,and you then go out and shoot,shoot,and shoot some more...

it sounds as if you have some free time to start honing your skills,even if your leg is a bit sore..you can shoot objects etc at your home.

i've enrolled on a photoshop course at a local college in september,so i hope i can start to understand/improve my PP skills in the future..

Anyone know where I can get photography tutorials which set sort of like mini tasks.

I have photoshop cs2 (100% leagel copy) does photoshop understand RAW

for free....here for one :LOL:

it sounds as if you have some free time to start honing your skills,even if your leg is a bit sore..

A bit sore ????? :thumbsdown: You have no idea. My dad has driven me everywhere today so I did do very little walking

Sorry :eek:

Anyone know where I can get photography tutorials which set sort of like mini tasks.

I have photoshop cs2 (100% leagel copy) does photoshop understand RAW

No need to apologise. ;)

As far as tutorials are concerned I'm not too sure but if you have a good google around I wouldn't imagine they'd be to hard to find.

I believe that CS2 doesn't support the latest RAW plugin so you may need to use a different RAW convertor, but again I may be wrong. I believe that there are plenty of free RAW converters out there, remember Google is your friend.

Just as an aside, you may want to start new threads for different questions as this one has gone on quite a while now and not that many users will be checking it any more.

No need to apologise. ;)

As far as tutorials are concerned I'm not too sure but if you have a good google around I wouldn't imagine they'd be to hard to find.

I believe that CS2 doesn't support the latest RAW plugin so you may need to use a different RAW convertor, but again I may be wrong. I believe that there are plenty of free RAW converters out there, remember Google is your friend.

Just as an aside, you may want to start new threads for different questions as this one has gone on quite a while now and not that many users will be checking it any more.

Ok I am still new to this. I will start a new thread

I think Camera Raw 3.7, which should be the last one for CS2, could support the D40, but if you have the D60, you'll probably have to look elsewhere.
You could use the DNG converter to convert them into DNG which CS2 should be able to read, but there can be some loss of quality in that conversion (it happens with Sigma raws).
You can find alternatives in one of the links in my sig.

:eek: ok guys. Why do you advise me to start a new thread and then when I've not posted on here for a while you talk about me behind my back :LOL:

what fabs means is...when there is another post on this thread,folks get a notification to tell them that.as the original question has now been answered..folks may just decide to unsubscribe from this thread,and it will die a natural death..like 99.99% of threads do,so by starting a new thread in the relevant section...you will get answers relating to that question :p

unless you're like me and fabs...who just keep it going for laughs :LOL::LOL::LOL:

what fabs means is...when there is another post on this thread,folks get a notification to tell them that.as the original question has now been answered..folks may just decide to unsubscribe from this thread,and it will die a natural death..like 99.99% of threads do,so by starting a new thread in the relevant section...you will get answers relating to that question :p

unless you're like me and fabs...who just keep it going for laughs :LOL::LOL::LOL:

What,how,where,who????

i'm not a footie person...being welsh,it has to be rugby :D

besides,i haven't got time what with being on here...:LOL:

I am not much of a football person either . Amercian Football yes,baseball yes, photography, yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Anyone know of a cheapish photo printer? like under £60 compatibale with D60

I am talking about one that will print straight from the camera

I am talking about one that will print straight from the camera

well,why didn't you say so...:D

try in your local currys,comet etc..i'm sure they'll be able to help you.most of the printers that are camera specific will only print up to 6x4 0r 7x5,so are a bit limiting TBH.when you get that certain shot that goes WOW,you'll want bigger than that.that said,most home printers will only print up to A4 size anyway.......

The D60 can do 3fps but the guy in the store said it depends on the memory card and how fast it can buffer (keep in memory before storing) which determins how long 3fps lasts for he said with the memory card I have about 40seconds and the most any memory card can do is 60 seconds. Does anyone know what he meant by this.

When I say lasts for I am mean in continious 'continious shooting,'

Right well I am going to bed

I am going to have a bath and read the mannual for my D60 then when I am in bed watch Harry Potter and the order of the phoniex and go to sleep either after watched all of it or fell asleep during.

Goodnight fellow camera lovers

Back