D400...

Would be fantastic, if true. Fingers crossed but I doubt that this camera will materialise soon.

That's a very thin rumour. Half a step up from overhearing some bloke down the pub, but only half a step.

They've left it too late in any case, it's likely that many of the potential buyers that would have loved a D400 years ago have already given up on waiting and moved over to another system, myself included. The lens range for DX cameras remains limited and doesn't look like changing anytime soon. The push for FX has been marred by reliability/quality control issues on the D600/D750/D800, as recently as last week a member of my camera club was still getting the runaround regarding a recently purchased D600 for the infamous oil on sensor issue that was returned not properly repaired.

They've left it too late in any case, it's likely that many of the potential buyers that would have loved a D400 years ago have already given up on waiting and moved over to another system, myself included. The lens range for DX cameras remains limited and doesn't look like changing anytime soon. The push for FX has been marred by reliability/quality control issues on the D600/D750/D800, as recently as last week a member of my camera club was still getting the runaround regarding a recently purchased D600 for the infamous oil on sensor issue that was returned not properly repaired.

Id bet the D750 is one of the best selling Nikons so far and they are dealing with any issues very efficiently from what Ive seen. They are being proactive about recalls.

Back