D500 still tops DPR list after 3 years, but.....

Depends on your photography requirements. Yes, it's a great camera, but certainly not the best for certain genres.

I am biased, but yes, it is still that good..........and I also use a D850!

As 'Johnnypanic' says, it depends on your requirements, but for wildlife/bif/motorsport/surfing etc., nothing else will do.

As 'Johnnypanic' says, it depends on your requirements, but for wildlife/bif/motorsport/surfing etc., nothing else will do.

Thank you both, how about as a dedicated Macro set-up with the FX 105mm Nikon macro lens?

Definitely one of the great Nikons, but I can honestly say after owning a D4 and D500 and now the Fuji X-T3 the Fuji blows both into the weeds, the Fuji simply does all I need and at lightspeed, its not a better camera, it just does everything I want but better.

Thank you both, how about as a dedicated Macro set-up with the FX 105mm Nikon macro lens?
If it were to be used just for Macro then a D500 is a bit overkill imho. A D7500/2700/7100 would give very similar image quality, with a little more resolution. You could even go to the D3*** and D5*** with the same (or very similar) 24Mp sensor. If you don't need the other features that the different cameras give you could save a lot of money.

For me, who does a bit of everything, the D500 is the best overall crop sensor DSLR, and could potentially be the best forever as it is unlikely to be surpassed because of the transition to mirrorless by either Canon or Nikon if the rumours of no 7DIII or D500 replacements become reality.

Thats a bold statement.

Id rather got a d7500 for 599 at e-infin and keep the change for glass

Some people could find the AF speed and AF coverage, higher fps and larger buffer more advantageous, but you pays your money.... etc.;)

Its ok if you are good enough to make any use of any of that lol...

Most would make a total hash of 10 fps and 200 buffer with a memory card full of poor photos

Back