D600 Hight ISO Samples

Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
Just in case its of interest to anyone

Just got my D600 and I am very happy with it. Just took these two photos in my kitchen no flash and the light is VERY dull. The photos actually make it look much brighter than it is

The cornflakes box was hard to read the text clearly with my eyes as it was in heavy shadow but it turned out OK on the camera. Yes there is some grain but not bad for 5000 ISO

I did not apply any noise reduction to these.. just straight out the camera

5000 ISO

D600%20Sample%201.jpg

720 ISO
D600%20Sample%202.jpg

I will get some proper samples up once I get some 'proper' photos taken with it (y)

Last edited:
Yeah that would have been a good idea.... but I deleted the files sorry

I will have some more though as I am messing with the camera getting used to it

OK a couple of samples.

One thing I have noticed is the D600 does not bump the ISO up as readily or as much as the D90 would. These both were taken in very dull lighting especially the photo of the Card with William on that was taken in a DARK corner

Both Taken at f2.8 - 1/60 Sec

2000 ISO
2000_sample.jpg

100% Crop
2000_sample_crop.jpg

2800 ISO
2800_sample.jpg

100% crop
2800_sample_crop.jpg

Last edited:
John - they're underexposed so won't actually do anything to tell us about noise at correct exposure levels. Plus, the shots of the advent calendar, there's too much texture, which effectively hides the noise...

...maybe try to take some shots of static objects where there will be some background blur; it's the areas of background blur that can often show the noise off best.(y)

John - they're underexposed so won't actually do anything to tell us about noise at correct exposure levels. Plus, the shots of the advent calendar, there's too much texture, which effectively hides the noise...

...maybe try to take some shots of static objects where there will be some background blur; it's the areas of background blur that can often show the noise off best.(y)

*LOL* I will get it right in the end :D

I know they were underexposed but I did not want to touch the image at all. The shots were just jpg straight out of the camera and ONLY re-sized to fit on the forum

It's nice of you to make the effort, but I'm not sure why - most should know by now the only way to get better noise performance than a D600 is to get a D3s/D4/1Dx.

It's nice of you to make the effort, but I'm not sure why - most should know by now the only way to get better noise performance than a D600 is to get a D3s/D4/1Dx.

Maybe, but I'm sure people who have a D90/D300/D700 etc... and wanting better ISO performance would be interested to see how the D600 handles noise!

And this thread could well help those people! Not everyone has D3s/D4/1Dx money :)

I just know when I was thinking of buying the D600 I looked at loads of samples and reviews so thought if it helped people I would post a few sample shots here.

Once I get it right of course....:bonk:

Nor do i know why you bothered to make such an obvious comment :bonk:

Touché :LOL:

I didn't mean it in a bad way - whatever John does, someone is bound to complain that something wasn't equal enough or some setting changed or the lighting was different or a bunch of other things that short of testing on an optical bench can't be controlled (and if he did do that test, someone would still complain and ask for more!). To top it off, the end result will be the same as that shown in the first post and within about a minute of typing "D600 high ISO" in Google: the camera does damn well, better than all the previous gen cameras and as good as all but the new "pro" cameras.;)

Come on folks lets all play nice......

Suppose I also posted the samples here as I was/am well chuffed with the camera and what to shout about it.....

Plus if that helps inform anyone then all the better

Having looked at a few high ISO shots from the D600 compared to the D800, it looks like the D600 holds it's own pretty well.
That's me looking at reviews/comparisons etc. so it's never quite "real world" shots.
It would be nice to see some correctly exposed, of say a low light portrait, such as would be seen in a dim church/room etc.
Still looks like good high iso performance though.

Come on folks lets all play nice......

Suppose I also posted the samples here as I was/am well chuffed with the camera and what to shout about it.....

Plus if that helps inform anyone then all the better

Well I for one would be keen to see the samples.
I am trying to choose between the D800/D600 and high iso performance is just one of the important things for me to consider. Real life shots help me to decide.
And anything else you feel like "shouting" about.(y)

Well I for one would be keen to see the samples.
I am trying to choose between the D800/D600 and high iso performance is just one of the important things for me to consider. Real life shots help me to decide.
And anything else you feel like "shouting" about.(y)

:D Thanks, I will get my butt in gear and get some samples sorted

Back