Beginner D70 infrared converted lenses advice

Name
gerry
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi looking for advice on lenses for my converted d70 720 nm .All my other kit is canon so the only lens i got is a 28/80 mm nikon lens .
As I am medically retiered cash is a bit short so any though`st about using the Tamron adaptall range of lenses as I normally in av or manual if this is a good route to go down any recomendations on what adaptall lens to look out for?

Regards Gerry

Hi Gerry

I've got a converted D70, although it is heading the way of many others with its CF card/bent pin issue and sticky rubber coating. I'm not sure that Adaptall lenses are the right way to go here, and I'm not sure they will give you the right quality you're after. The Nikon 18-55 kit lenses have a pretty reasonable reputation and can be found for about £55-80, so I'd be thinking about them first. This will also give you a much wider view than the 28-80, but less at the longer end of course. It'll depend which length is more important to you.

I've used several on mine, but now have a kit 18-55 on it which works fine and was cheap

Back