D700 1280 euros at Igooshop anyone used it ?

TG.

Name
Tel
Edit My Images
No
Anyone used this place Igooshop HERE just thought what a good price it was for a D700, any thoughts.

I'd avoid: http://www.igooshop.com/article.php?id=53

Values
Integrity: We don't lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate people who do. - strange words for a business to use.
Respect: We treat people the way we want to be treated.
Motivation: We seize, retain, and exploit the initiative.
Ingenuity: We encourage alternative thinking.
Accountability: We honor our commitments and strive for excellence.

I also can't find anything on China Beijing ChangHai International Trade Co., Ltd,

I can tell its a scam just from the price - too good to be true. Yes!

Funny though the ad for them comes up on TP pages (I know they are google ads but does create an impression of legitimacy)

I must admit the £699 price of the D300 was very tempting if I was prepared to lose my money (only payment options are BT, western union and moneygram (paypal only when you are a VIP member and no details how you become one!)!!!!

Last edited:
Strange, usually when you Google a questionable business, it comes up with some reviews of the business that indicate if its good or bad, this one hasnt came up with anything. That's a tempting price for the d700 though, don't think I would risk my cash on it though

Funny though the ad for them comes up on TP pages (I know they are google ads but does create an impression of legitimacy)

That's actually the reason why i posted it in the first place, as when i seen it i thought like you say it had an element of legitimacy being on the forum :)

That's actually the reason why i posted it in the first place, as when i seen it i thought like you say it had an element of legitimacy being on the forum :)

There are also banner adverts for swoopo - definitely a mug's game if you ask me.

I know people like to save a few pennies but really, why go to anywhere other than the well known sites? Amazon, Warehouse Express etc. etc. when you're looking to spend significant sums of money. When you read reviews of "davescheapcamerashop.co.uk" and it's full of 1/5 reviews, you can't help but question why anyone would shop at somewhere like davescheapcamerashop.co.uk (it's not a real site) or igooshop.com?! It's not worth the time or expensive that it's likely going to cost you.

I know people like to save a few pennies but really, why go to anywhere other than the well known sites? Amazon, Warehouse Express etc. etc. when you're looking to spend significant sums of money. When you read reviews of "davescheapcamerashop.co.uk" and it's full of 1/5 reviews, you can't help but question why anyone would shop at somewhere like davescheapcamerashop.co.uk (it's not a real site) or igooshop.com?! It's not worth the time or expensive that it's likely going to cost you.

I would be wary of cheap used stuff on Amazon too, see my post in the Talk Equipment Section LINK

Canon EF 85 mm F1.2 L II Telephoto Lens for SLR
Market price:1208 Euros
Shop price:888 Euros

888 euros is £783, i'll take 10:LOL:

we can block any links, not a problem

Canon EF 85 mm F1.2 L II Telephoto Lens for SLR
Market price:1208 Euros
Shop price:888 Euros

888 euros is £783, i'll take 10:LOL:

Nikon 14-24mm f2.8 and Nikon 24-70mm f2.8

Each listed at 699 Euros. E699 = £615 :eek::eek::wacky::wacky:

I'll take 10 of each please :LOL::LOL:

I would be wary of cheap used stuff on Amazon too, see my post in the Talk Equipment Section LINK

I'm more talking about buying direct from Amazon than the market place. I wouldn't buy anything from the market place of any value, for the exact reasons you posted.

we can block any links, not a problem

Might be worth thinking about, an awful lot of these Google Ads at the top of the page seem to be for these scam sites and the fact that they are within TP as opposed to being above the site header could give the impression that they are endorsed by TP...

Back