D7000 & Macbook Bag Idea's

Edit My Images
No
Hi All,
I am in the market for a bag, preferably not one that will shout "steal all my camera gear" like some of them do.
I have a D7000 with grip, 18-200mm, 50mm, Flash, charger and spare battery but would like to have 13" MacBook Pro with it.
I like the look of the Thinktank Photo Retrospective, smaller the better.
Any ideas would be appreciated?

Cheers

There are two main bags that I use...

The Crumpler Daily which is a messenger style photo bag with special laptop area.
The Kata 222-UL which is a backpack with photo, computer and day pack sections...

Both highly recommended

Lowe pro does scream camera gear though...

I'm a fan of FStop bags, there are a few threads in the review section with lots of details and loads of bag threads in this forum asking the same thing, so it is probably worth a search.

really? Unless you're a photographer already (in which case you'll probably be able to pick out any camera bag) this doesn't jump out at me at all:

lowepro-fastpack-250-backpack-camera-bag-free-shipping-1004-11-jimmychoo@119.jpg

thanks,
rick

You might be able to get it all in a Hadley Pro. I can't quite remember if I ever managed to get that amount of stuff into mine, but I do think that the back pocket should take the MB. Perhaps with the grip off the camera it would be less of a squeeze, but probably best to see if you can try one out.

How about a Manfrotto Stile Unica V Messenger here

I'm going to be in need of a bag soon, would like something that would carry my laptop or iPad if needed and this has caught my eye, the only negative I can see is no waterproof cover.

Manfrotto Stile looks quite bulky, I appreciate what I am asking it to hold, really like the messenger style bags though.
Ideally allowing access to work from the bag, the search goes on

Cheers

I've had a lowepro stealth reporter 550aw in the past, great bag but thicker and therefore bulkier than the manfrotto by the looks of it (not seen the manfrotto in person yet!)

i use the lowe pro fast pack 250 for my MAC, Canon 7d with 70-200 2.8 attached, it also fits my flash, 2 other lenses and all my battties and accessories etc.

My Crumpler Muffin Top Full Photo backpack would do the job, though it's now discontinued. The nearest thing in the current range I'd suggest you'd look at is their Cupcake Full Photo.

i use the lowe pro fast pack 250 for my MAC, Canon 7d with 70-200 2.8 attached, it also fits my flash, 2 other lenses and all my battties and accessories etc.

Could you post a picture of that setup please? I've got a MBA 13 inch laptop and currently use a lowepro nova 200 which is massive, yet cannot hold a laptop effectively.

Do you really need a bag for both? I will always go for separate bags as the chance of needing them both at the same time will be limited, more likely to take one or the other and take two bag for the few occasions I would need both

Zharrt said:
Do you really need a bag for both? I will always go for separate bags as the chance of needing them both at the same time will be limited, more likely to take one or the other and take two bag for the few occasions I would need both

I ave found over the past months that I always have both bags with me, makes sense to keep them together in m opinion.

I always carry mine together, or like the ability instead of two bag...If it is laptop only, just get the inserts out and my work papers in...And sometimes it is just camera and lenses and no laptop...And sometimes it is both...

Gosh I wouldn't like two back straps on my should and my black rapid strap as well, doesn't make any sense to me...

Really loving my Crumpler Daily, and especially the Kata Ultra Light 222...That is such a fantastic and comfortable backpack...

Bump, just realised I do a fair bit of flying so I am on the look out for exaclty the same OP, did you buy one in the end?

Thanks for your ideas finally after much thought went with the Thinktank Urban Disguise 35 v2.0, lovely little bag which suits me perfectly.
Only bought the bag not the shoulder strap yet, that may come in time.
There is a massive choice I almost went with a messenger style but to get what I wanted in it would have been too large.

Do you think it would take a gripped D7000 and a 13" MBP?

Back