D7000 to iPhone transfer?

Name
Simon
Edit My Images
Yes
DSLR to iPhone transfer?
I really enjoy my DSLR, but I find it frustrating that I can't send my photos using my iPhone and would really like to be able to use the iPad camera connection to transfer photos on to my iPhone, is there any way to make this work or any suggested route for me to take?

Does the card reader not work? I've got one I always use on my iPad (got it from eBay for £3) but never tried it on my iPhone.

Setup photostream

If you transfer to iPad they will then automatically be saved via iCloud and can then auto sync to you iPhone
Why you would want it on your phone if its on your ipad I'm not sure

Another way would be to use the beam feature of iPhoto, but you need wifi for that to work
...or you could email them

Dropbox would be another option

I don't think you can send via Bluetooth unfortunately, but there are apps that you can buy that will do it

Last edited:
Photo stream also needs WiFi to sync and the OP wants to go from his camera direct to iPhone out in the field. I installed a Cydia app last week to make my iPhone recognise the camera kit. Although its recognised, only peripherals like a keyboard actually work.

As per the comment earlier, I think the only (current) option is an Eye-Fi card and either their app or shutter snitch.

Cheers
Steve

stevelmx5 said:
Photo stream also needs WiFi to sync and the OP wants to go from his camera direct to iPhone out in the field. I installed a Cydia app last week to make my iPhone recognise the camera kit. Although its recognised, only peripherals like a keyboard actually work.

As per the comment earlier, I think the only (current) option is an Eye-Fi card and either their app or shutter snitch.

Cheers
Steve

Fair enough, although I didn't think the op said anything about being out in the field. Still not clear though why if you have an ipad that you can transfer to with the camera connection, why you would want to put it on your phone directly, whether out in the field or not. Am I being dim?

I've ended up buying an eye fi card as I want to be able to email photos from my iPhone, no other option seems available!

Back