D7000

Edit My Images
Yes
Evening all, been a while since ive been on here. Life got in the way of photography but starting to get back into it

Wanted some opinions, currently have a d3100, paired with a sigma 17-50 f2.8 and a nikon 35mm 1.8g.

My main reason for upgrading is primarily a bigger body for my gorilla hands and i believe it has a commander for speedlights also it has a slight higher low light rating

Ive been offered a mint condition d7000 with less than 10k shutter count, boxed with apl original accessories. Even a used d7100 from wex rated at grade 9 is £160 more.

What are peoples thoughts on this camera considering id be jumping from a d3100. Anything i should be aware of with these.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Thank you

I've got the "gorilla hands" issue too!

Never had the D7000 but have used the D7100 and D7200, certainly found both easier to handle with the battery grip.

Hope this helps,

GC

I used one for a few years and it's a great camera.the 7200 is better, but will cost a lot more.
I don't think anything will come close to the D7000 for the money.

Thanks all. Will be definatly getting it aftet these reassuring comments.

How common was the back focus issue that some of these had

All the D7xxx range have an AF fine tune facility so shouldn't be too much of an issue if present.

GC

Thanks all. Will be definatly getting it aftet these reassuring comments.

How common was the back focus issue that some of these had
Funny you should say that... :)
My 50 1.8 is at -10, 85 1.8 is at -20, 80-200 2.8 is at -15

I owned a d7000 on two occasions and there was no focusing issue at all either time for myself.

It is very good, you can get them for very good price if you wait and look around alot

I owned a d7000 on two occasions and there was no focusing issue at all either time for myself.

It is very good, you can get them for very good price if you wait and look around alot
Same here. Had 2 and no focus issues.

Thanks guys. Fine tuning puts me at ease

In terms of price. £220, verified 9867 shutter count. Original box and all accessories.

It is, from a friend who has gone pro, opened his own company and upgraded to a d850.

I sold mines a few weeks ago with 34000 clicks and a spare battery for £195 so that looks like a good deal.

Still have mine as a second body. Good camera and a good upgrade for you.

Don't expect any difference in IQ. Upgrading for the reasons you mention you say is good but I found zero difference in my shots

I think there will be a little bit improvement in IQ if images are processed right but there is so many other things that will be an upgrade, focus, fps, flash commander to name a few.

Just an update. Had the d7000 for 2 days now.

Well omg... the AF speed alone was worth the upgrade.

Feels so good to hold with my large hands and the shutter sound makes it feel so premium

Did have backfocus problem, used a simple measuring tape on a table. Kept focusing 1cm too far on the tape. -19 solved it.

Thanks all for the help

Back