D7200 & 300mm 2.8 focus problem

Name
Dan
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all,

I wonder if anybody might be able to shed some light on an issue I'm having.

I added a second body to my collection recently in the form of a D7200.
This will be my main body now and the D300 will be a second/spare.

I use the 300mm 2.8 af-s mkii and has always been fine on the D300, but after starting out without any problems on the D7200 it has now decided to stop auto focusing.

I have added a tc to see if that made any difference and it started to and has worked on it since, but as soon as the tc is removed I loose af again.

I put the lens back onto the D300 without any tc and works straight away no problems whatsoever.

Any dieas why it doesn't like the D7200? All other lenses I have work without issue on both cameras.

Really frustrating as I need this to work...

Thanks in advance

Odd that the fault goes when the TC is added, I would have expected it to be the opposite ... have you done the obvious of thoroughly cleaning the contacts?

I had a fiddle around and disconnected the lens whilst the camera was still turned on then connected it straight back in without physically removing the lens away from the camera mount and the damn thing is now working!

Must be some sort of commnication error between the lens and body because on the D300 it's damn near perfect!

Is there any cleaning solution we can use for lens contacts?

Is there any cleaning solution we can use for lens contacts?
Isopropyl fluid is the normal choice but there are various electrical contact cleaners from e.g. Maplins. :)

Cheers guys,

I've given all contacts a quick wipe with a lint free cloth and there appears to be quite a bit of grime, possibly the teleconvertor was allwoing it to work because it had clean contacts as it's virtually new.

At the moment the lens is working again as it should, so I will get some cleaner give it a whirl and try the lens at the football on Monday night.

Fingers crossed!

Thanks for the advice

Back