D800 'stuck' / 'hot' pixels

Name
Dan
Edit My Images
No
So, the new D800 has one, one(!) bloody big green stuck pixel in live view/ video mode. Noooooooooo.
I had exactly the same issue/ mare with the D7000 (multiplied by a lot) and had a thread about it a while back here http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=273271&highlight=d7000+hot+pixels

Main reason I bought this cam was for video work, so it's just not good enough, again. I've contacted Nikon and they can't guarantee a firmware update to remap the pixels (ala the D7000) as it's apparently much less of an issue this time round. No way I'm letting this puppy go, so it's off to Nikon under warranty to get pixel-remapped, when I have a quiet work spell that is.

Any other D800 owners with stuck or hot pixels? Easiest way to test - keep you lens cap on, live view video mode, manual mode, keep your shutter speed lowish, check at all iso's - mine doesn't show 'til after around iso 400.

no problems here

and will check later again in a way you suggest

I have one on my D90, stuck on green, the computer mapped it out, so it doesn't show anymore :)

Thanks folks. Looks like I've been unlucky again. Arse.

I have one on my D90, stuck on green, the computer mapped it out, so it doesn't show anymore :)

This generally works for stills once you open an image up in LR etc, but not for video unfortunately.

Back