D810 focus issues

Name
Mark
Edit My Images
Yes
Have a problem for you guys .....
If i mount my 24-105 sigma art F4 and view through the eyepiece .... af button and image is in focus ..... picture on pc is OOF ..... if I view through live view and af and shoot the image is in focus and is sharp as ever ..... I want to shoot handheld through viewfinder ..... whats wrong ? I have sigma Dock and played and adjusted for 7 hours and it changed but couldn't get it improved ....lens ended up at 0 again ....

Please help

Are you saying that the same scene when focused using the viewfinder is equally in focus in liveview but OOF when viewed on the PC?

Plus what does the one that you say is OOF on the PC look like when reviewing on the camera LCD?

Is this the only lens it happens with?

Because liveview is focusing using the sensor but using the viewfinder dSLR use an AF focusing module in the base of the mirror box. I have heard of something similar (same) where there is dust/debris on the AF focus module. Normally a carefull but well directed blast on an air blower clears it. But this scenario only applies if liveview is ok but viewfinder taken (same scene to confirm) one is OOF and happens with all lenses i.e. a common problem not an isolated one to a single lens ;)

Are you saying that the same scene when focused using the viewfinder is equally in focus in liveview but OOF when viewed on the PC?

Plus what does the one that you say is OOF on the PC look like when reviewing on the camera LCD?

Is this the only lens it happens with?

Because liveview is focusing using the sensor but using the viewfinder dSLR use an AF focusing module in the base of the mirror box. I have heard of something similar (same) where there is dust/debris on the AF focus module. Normally a carefull but well directed blast on an air blower clears it. But this scenario only applies if liveview is ok but viewfinder taken (same scene to confirm) one is OOF and happens with all lenses i.e. a common problem not an isolated one to a single lens ;)
I've just bought a different sigma lens ....I'm gonna try it out because I think it may be the lens ? Could it be faulty ? Would sigma fix it for me ?

I've just bought a different sigma lens ....I'm gonna try it out because I think it may be the lens ? Could it be faulty ? Would sigma fix it for me ?

I was asking to try to understand your test protocol and description of the problem......so testing with a different lens is a good idea!

As for whether sigma can/will repair a fault ~ I can only guess yes, though you would need to confirm that as appropriate.

Do you also have a rocket blower to clean the camera if/as needed?

Its okay in live view, that means it needs calibration. If you can't get it calibrated via body or dock then it needs recalibration/replacing via sigma.

Last edited:
Its okay in live view, that means it needs calibration. If you can't get it calibrated via body or dock then it needs recalibration/replacing via sigma.
I agree .....I was on the Faroe Islands last year with it and the Dock and I spent 7 hours p***ing around with it and couldn't get it any better through focusing through eyepiece.....but using live view I zero'd the cLibration and used it on live view its pin sharp

Back