D810 Owners thread anything to do with the D810

I can't remember when I last got the D810 out, I've was too busy during Autumn and missed some landscape opportunities and since then the weather up here has been pretty crap. In what area do you mean when you say you are getting results with the K-1, is it autofocus?
Sharpness Graham, combination of both lens and camera. The 24-70 Nikkor was also unsatisfactory on the D850 and I kept the 24-120/4 as that was a better lens out of the box. I guess I am lucky that the D-FA24-70 I have is crisp and sharp.

Gave up on Pentax AF speed a long time ago, the K-1 does take too long to acquire but as a walkaround/city break kit I prefer using it over the Nikons.

Peter
At least you have an excellent photo of your dog to remember by. Being not only a dog/cat lover and owned several dogs in the past 50 years, but also a kennel land cattery owner (licenced for 166 dogs and 42 cats) until retirement I know how much a pet becomes part of a family.

I also found the 24-70 Nikkor was not that good so bought the Tamron g2 version instead and what a difference that made . Not just in sharpness but also cut out totally any hand shake , it is rock solid. See in post 699

Last edited:
Sharpness Graham, combination of both lens and camera. The 24-70 Nikkor was also unsatisfactory on the D850 and I kept the 24-120/4 as that was a better lens out of the box. I guess I am lucky that the D-FA24-70 I have is crisp and sharp.

Gave up on Pentax AF speed a long time ago, the K-1 does take too long to acquire but as a walkaround/city break kit I prefer using it over the Nikons.

Oh, I didn't expect that. The sharpness on mine seems great?

Peter
At least you have an excellent photo of your dog to remember by. Being not only a dog/cat lover and owned several dogs in the past 50 years, but also a kennel land cattery owner (licenced for 166 dogs and 42 cats) until retirement I know how much a pet becomes part of a family.

I also found the 24-70 Nikkor was not that good so bought the Tamron g2 version instead and what a difference that made . Not just in sharpness but also cut out totally any hand shake , it is rock solid. See in post 699
I was trying to work out if you were replying to me or the other Peter, and I thought as a cattery owner you'd recognised a Maine Coon...:ROFLMAO:

we are continually thinking of rescuing a cat or a pair of cats. Although we love MCs we'd probably go for british black shorthair domestic as I think they are just awesome.

I am seriously considering selling all my Nikon gear purely because of weight. This year (age 79) has hit me with feeling a lot weaker than ever before, I just don't seem to have the same strength to lug about a lot of( for me) heavy camera equipment. If I do sell it would mean buying everything in one lot,splitting means I may be left with something I can't use,

I seem to use (as my go to photographic gear ) my Panasonic DC-TZ95 compact and Panasonic HC-X1500 camcorder more often than not.

Graham
The issue with using the D810 is having to check that the shutter speed is twice the frame rate, before using the video feature. So changing from stills to video I often forgot to check first. hence getting a dedicated camcorder

Would this not be the same with any DSLR, or are the some that automatically ensure it?

I am more into video than still photography now and my camcorder lets me get 4k stills from it as well. So the Nikon gear hardly gets used now. Also the compact does 4k stills the video side, well not as good as the camcorder, so I have most of what I want covered

Last edited:
I am more into video than still photography now and my camcorder lets me get 4k stills from it as well. So the Nikon gear hardly gets used now. Also the compact does 4k stills the video side, well not as good as the camcorder, so I have most of what I want covered

Ah I see, I thought it was something specific to the D810.

Back