D850 --> Z

He had his conclusion before he started. Lenses don’t need Vr and are not necessarily bigger. 24-70 2.8 is lighter than the E. Also, seems to be accepted that the S lenses are offering improved optical performance.
850 still remains an excellent camera though.

Any thoughts on the new Z primes? Quite large for 1.8s but reviews seem positive.

Any thoughts on the new Z primes? Quite large for 1.8s but reviews seem positive.

I’ve got them both. Very sharp from wide open. They look heavier than they are. Expensive, but for me they handle better than adapted.

Some small sensor syndrome kicking off in here...

No just plain simple discussion that stemmed from the original. What is your contribution? this one troll post? You've got advice plenty of times yourself, didn't see you moan about side tracking on those occasions

Ruined the guys tidy thread

It's called discussion, it happens on forums. Tidy? You're contribution was to tell OP he had Gas ... really helpful - not!

Last edited:
No just plain simple discussion that stemmed from the original. What is your contribution? this one troll post? You've got advice plenty of times yourself, didn't see you moan about side tracking on those occasions

It's called discussion, it happens on forums. Tidy? You're contribution was to tell OP he had Gas ... really helpful - not!

Your just a rude person full stop mate

Your just a rude person full stop mate

Oh it's insult for no reason time is it? Am I wrong? you told the guy he had GAS ... and then you turn around and berate others for simple side tracking? This happens on almost every thread on here, take a look at the Canon R thread, count the 'Sony is much better' posts, we were finished here but you decided to make a deal of it for no apparent reason. I had already posted my on-topic opinion btw, seems you're not paying full attention. I wasn't rude when you quoted me in another thread earlier about the XT-2, would have thought that was helpful. Maybe you're confused because that's the only time I've ever come across you on here.

Last edited:
Oh it's insult for no reason time is it? Am I wrong? you told the guy he had GAS ... and then you turn around and berate others for simple side tracking? This happens on almost every thread on here, take a look at the Canon R thread, count the 'Sony is much better' posts, we were finished here but you decided to make a deal of it for no apparent reason. I had already posted my on-topic opinion btw, seems you're not paying full attention

Im not even going to bother reading what you have said.

Its predictable that its obnoxious nasty and low

Wind your neck in, Keith. No one appreciates it when you or anyone else just start arguing about semi-related off topic things. I imagine most just ignore it.

Wind your neck in, Keith. No one appreciates it when you or anyone else just start arguing about semi-related off topic things. I imagine most just ignore it.

I'd leave it the insulting posts have already been reported, I'm not wasting my time arguing with people are clearly trying to trigger - maybe stick to the topic yourself

Just as an update I ended up getting a Z7 from Panamoz with the 24-70. It's proving a very capable camera and I'm happy with the switch at this stage, so much so I moved the D850 on. The 24-70 is superb and a lot more manageable than my old 24-70.Going to an EVF took some getting used to, and I miss a couple of the dedicated dials/buttons on the D850 but now it's setup as I want it's more than I need for my landscape stuff. Thanks for all the feedback, it did help, I'd say if you are on the fence about getting a Z go for it.

Just as an update I ended up getting a Z7 from Panamoz with the 24-70. It's proving a very capable camera and I'm happy with the switch at this stage, so much so I moved the D850 on. The 24-70 is superb and a lot more manageable than my old 24-70.Going to an EVF took some getting used to, and I miss a couple of the dedicated dials/buttons on the D850 but now it's setup as I want it's more than I need for my landscape stuff. Thanks for all the feedback, it did help, I'd say if you are on the fence about getting a Z go for it.
Thanks, useful info as I am indeed on the fence.

Congratulations.
Thanks for the update.

Back