D90 and D2X as second camera?

Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
I have a D90 with 12-24 2.8 nikon, 70-200 2.8 nikon, and a 35-70 2.8 Tamron lenses, also a SB600,
Now a friend has offered me a D2X body for around £350, now the question is should i get it or save my money, I know it is a good idea to have a second body but i am unsure what to do? please help:thinking:

I have a D90 with 12-24 2.8 nikon, 70-200 2.8 nikon, and a 35-70 2.8 Tamron lenses, also a SB600,
Now a friend has offered me a D2X body for around £350, now the question is should i get it or save my money, I know it is a good idea to have a second body but i am unsure what to do? please help:thinking:

You already have good glass, that sounds like a bargain D2X, how many clicks? I would almost be tempted to use that as my main body with a D90 back up.

very good price for a d2x.... but not as good high iso performance as the d90. what do you shoot?

Last edited:
Good price for sure - even with something like 50,000+ clicks, it would still be a good price... hopefully it'll be a minter with only a few actuations on it and you'll get a bargain. Unless it's a battered piece of pooh, I'd get it if the money is there - your glass and flash is perfect for it. Get the firmware upgrade applied and it's basically a D2Xs :)

Having a second body is a nice luxury but essential if you do a lot of shooting, especially if it ends up being paid for work. Plus, the D2x has great handling and it's brilliant at ISO100 in the studio :)

Last edited:
the 12-24 and the 70-200 came from the same guy also a 1.4 converter and were in mint condition.
I shoot a wide variety of subjects from animals, birds, motor sport but it is only a hobby which has been neglected of late but now am getting right back into it

Sounds awesome Steve, I would go for it and use it as you main body :)

right bargain

Rob 80386 said:
Sounds awesome Steve, I would go for it and use it as you main body :)

right bargain

I agree, go for it! Great price and I understand it is a great camera.

got it tonight for £300 including a brand new battery, has 8010 actuations and it is in perfect condition, very pleased with it

got it tonight for £300 including a brand new battery, has 8010 actuations and it is in perfect condition, very pleased with it

Lucky so-and-so.... that's a great price for what is an outstanding camera. You'll love the battery life - 1500+ clicks off one charge I get from a battery that's got half its life left. :)

It'll be a lot different to your D90. Some people gab on about it being poor above ISO 400 and woeful above 800; that's not the case.... it's tech that's six or seven years old so obviously isn't on par with new cameras in that respect, but with half-decent NR software (such as lightroom) you can get away with ISO 1600 shots across an A3 DPS. I regularly shoot at 800 through the winter and cover shots look fine :)

Enjoy

Nice one (y)

at 8010 clicks, it's bearly been "run in"

enjoy it :)

I'm so not jealous.. :LOL: Great deal you got! Enjoy your new gear :D

well done that is a good price for what you have ....im sure you are very happy with it ......... if it has not already been done get the latest firmware and you almost have a d2xs

bearing in mind that it is an older camera you will still find it produces great results and it wouldnt surprise me if you are not long till posting back saying you are using it as your main body with the d90 as a backup !!!

Back