D90 battery flat, while the D3300 is still full.

Name
Jon
Edit My Images
Yes
Not been doing any photos for about a month or so, not even been on the forum in ages. Just had so many various things going on. So I put all the cameras away fully charged, with the batteries still inside the cameras. I came to look at the cameras this morning, and the Canon G7X and the Nikon D3300 battery still shows full. The Nikon D90 is showing it needs charging as it is almost flat. I have noticed on the D90 that the display still shows in the top lcd panel, even when the camera is switched off. So maybe it is still using power, rather than just loosing power for being a duff battery. :thinking:

Last edited:
Maybe also that the D90 battery has gone through more dis/charging cycles, which doesn’t help either.

Maybe also that the D90 battery has gone through more dis/charging cycles, which doesn’t help either.

It may even be the original battery that came with the camera. Under normal use the battery seems to last, maybe it is just the camera memory draining the battery.

If it's the original battery it might be 12 years old by now, and they do age even if you don't use them heavily. Is the display just the number of available shots? I'm guessing the current draw for that is pretty minimal (all these cameras are keeping the clock etc. running).

If it's the original battery it might be 12 years old by now, and they do age even if you don't use them heavily. Is the display just the number of available shots? I'm guessing the current draw for that is pretty minimal (all these cameras are keeping the clock etc. running).

When switched off the camera displays 1.0k at the bottom right of panel, and nothing else is displayed. That figure I think, is related to memory card storage.

The internal clock in the D90 has it's own battery but if that had become discharged during the time the camera was in storage then the main battery would have used some power charging that back up.

Back