Wild Dabchick (Portugese)

BRASH

fracster's right hand
Suspended / Banned
Edit My Images
No
Not the greatest angle a but a cute wee thing regardless.

I like it - nice reflection and soft rippling surrounding it.

The only crit would be shame about the reed behind its head.........but with wildlife to get what you get. Yes, perhaps a clone job but would that look "created" bearing in mind how cluttered the BG is with the spread of those reeds???

Hey matey,Brash i'm quite familiar with these from that little reserve i told you of. You are right they are so damn cute plus the call is something special,always makes me smile.Your image in the sunlight is better than anything I've got ,man I adore that head reflection !! Ruddy eye is almost as sharp in the water as the actual bird love it. The clarity of reflection also in someways almost works against the subject as adding to the clutter,but it's exactly right for these little fellas: we have sat watching them many times working the reed edges. It's also one I would struggle with a bit on the crop,if it is a crop as I'd place it similarly and then argue with myself that the head is too central.Looks sharp to me and also looks like you got the exposure on the money easy to blow the base of the beak for me leastways..... showing your experience their kiddo.

All in all a lovely shot mate it is like Box brownie says we have to take what we can get sometimes,but one for me personally a joy to see and ponder,we are just off to chase some with luck ourselves,thanks for this,inspiring!!

take care

Stu

Isn't that a little grebe ;):p
Love it, Brash, I like the natural surroundings, don't see them often and they are very shy when I do

Nice colours, I always find these difficult to well expose for with the variety in the soft feathers, you've got it well here :)

Very nice, bird looks pin-sharp (y), but that light sabre sticking out of it's head would have to go! :)

Cheers for the comments.

Regardless of the pov, there was always something sticking out of it's napper:D. Such was the environment it was inhabiting. Here's another slightly different angle.

LG2-1 by Brashman 201, on Flickr

The reflection adds to this image for me Brash and prefer this latter one :)

Back