Daddy's expense :o(

Name
Alex
Edit My Images
Yes
I'm trying to improve my technique by restricting how I shoot, one lens, black and white only etc. It seems to be working and I'm really enjoying the b&w experience. I'm sure it makes you concentrate more on the subject matter and ensuring their are less distractions.

So here's one of my daughter and her pony. C&Cs most gratefully apreciated.

TgStAl190910-.JPG

(Edited)

Last edited:
Not really into b&w but my one criticism of this is that the highlights appear blown on the hand and face, leaving the had in particular rather distracting :shrug:

Having four daughters who are into horses, I know your pain!

Lovely composition, its a shame the scarf and your daughters cheek seem to have been slightly over exposed and seem to blend into each other slightly.

nice subject, it shows a lot of love for her pony/horse,

i like it, nice and contrasty and possibly the little bit blown highlights adding to this. As stated above the only thing worth a redo might be the horses nose being clipped. (if there is any more to the original image that is)

Agree about the hand. Didn't notice it at first, but now my attention has been drawn I can't stop looking at it! Just wants a bit more detail in it. Very nice comp though and like the b+w work

Back