daft 120 roll film question

whitewash

Fishy Fingers
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi folks, long time since ive posted (and indeed picked up my camera) but I have a quick question if you please.

My sister has been bought a lomo diana f+ camera for christmas. Now ive never used 120 film before. Ive got the film loaded and thats all fine, im a bit stuck as to film position, the window to view the number is massive and the number quite small in the window, where should this number be positioned in the window left, right or central as the last thing I want is for the negatives to be out of position. Daft question I know but im so used to 35mm slrs which position it all for you so you dont have to worry and im a bit
of a worrier!

Shes bowled over with the camera, hopefully she can make use of it for her a levels although I can imagine shes got her eyes on my eos5....

Thanks in advance! And merry christmus!

Last edited:
surely the frame number can either be in the window or not in the window ??how big's the window ??? and not quite sure what you mean by the negs being out of position

Middle of the window ideally, but as long as it's in the same place for each shot, the images should be evenly spaced. There's enough spare film at the start and end to take care of any variance.

EDIT: Just another thought. Is this a multi format camera? Some can do 6x6 or 6x4.5 with a mask. If so, it will have two windows for numbers. make sure you use the right window for the frame size in use.

Instruction manual here if it didn't come with one.

http://www.cameramanuals.org/pdf_files/diana_f+.pdf

Steve.

Last edited:
The window is a square box. Provided the frame number is in the same position (roughly- no need for it being to the thou... ) on each capture, the images will be spaced ok. There's a bit of wiggle room at each end of the film anyway, so, basically, just stop worrying and get on with it ;)

Thanks folks, all sorted, im guessing as long as we stick to the same point on the film we shouldnt have any issues.

Thanks for your help and yes I should really stop worrying!

It's a lomo camera. If you do something crazy like get the shots overlapping it's not the end of the world. In fact, I believe stuff like that is encouraged. ;-)

UNCLENCH!

Back