Daft Wedding photo

I love these sort of shots, will always bring a smile years on
It's a winner everytime and why it sells

Last edited:
I love the idea but I think that it would have been better if there were more separation between the subject and the background as I'm finding too much detail in the background is making it a distraction :(

I do like the shot.
The background is somewhat distracting and I do have to concentrate to pickup certain details about the group, for example the guy who's head is sticking out sideway from behind everyone.

I am simply being a bit picky, but otherwise like the idea and image.

Fantastic image. I'm sure the couple and everyone else will love it.

Not concerned about the background. Realistically, that is something that only photographers, will notice or worry about.

I disagree with you on one point - this picture could quite easily win a competition.

I disagree on the background issue too. There's nothing there which distracts from the boys for me.

I do like the shot.
The background is somewhat distracting and I do have to concentrate to pickup certain details about the group, for example the guy who's head is sticking out sideway from behind everyone.

I am simply being a bit picky, but otherwise like the idea and image.

Isnt that the point of a group shot like that though. Everytime you look at it you notice something else.

To be really picky, I'd lose the step at the bottom right with a vertical crop. I think this would even up the trees left and right and make the pic more central.

Worth a look, it might work.

Great shot, by the way :)

Think it needs a tiny bit more contrast but great shot, Groomsmen & co might have it enlarged several times!

Rarely had chance to indulge shots like this in the film days because of limitations on how many films we could use,digital freed wedding photographers from those constraints so that jokey and reportage can be indulged in as much as the couple want

I like this.

It isn't supposed to be a photo which you look at for 5 seconds then move on.

The people in this photo will sit there for minutes, smiling and then suddenly say, "wholy dooly, look at Micky over there, how funny is that!".

Well done mate

Last edited:
A good idea well executed.
I have to keep going back for another look.
Thumbs up from me.

I like this.

It isn't supposed to be a photo which you look at for 5 seconds then move on.

The people in this photo will sit there for minutes, smiling and then suddenly say, "wholy dooly, look at Micky over there, how funny is that!".

Well done mate

I agree with Richard here. It's a really great, fun shot. Yes, perhaps some people (myself included) would have attempted it with a narrower DOF, however, you didn't and it's still a great shot.

Great shot!! different ..well taken well done ;) good for a poster ;)

I like it, keeps my eye interested, I kept looking for a hidden face somewhere lol!

Really like the PP :)

Matt

no problems for me, in B&W maybe it's harder to separate from the background but that's easily altered with some selective levels. not surprised you picked f5.6 to get everyone in.

my only comment really is that it should come with a warning
"No groomsmen were harmed in the taking of this photograph" :p

I dont see the need to critique this too heavily as it is simply a very well taken fun shot - absolutely love it regardless of DOF or anything else. I'm sure the clients will be over the moon. Top work!!

As a wedding photographer myself I think think the wedding couple, family and friends would absolutly love this. Not a second thought whether the DOF to great or should it be cropped slightly differently - it is simply a fantastic record of a great day and a fun moment that will be looked back on for years. Great work!! :)

http://www.gmatherphotography.com/gallery.php

Nice fun shot I really like makes a nice change from the same old standard wedding images, well done. I am sure your customer was delighted.

I agree the customer would have loved this- & I personally love it .suits the B&W conversion too

Les :clap:

Wow! Lots of comments! I like it. The background is there, it isn't a high art shot and TBH I'd love to see them try posing like that a few feet away from the wall :D

Nice, funny, and bizarre enough not to make them look just daft if you know what I mean

Back