Daily Mirror Photographer

Name
James Vellacott
Edit My Images
Yes
Dear All,

I am a staff photographer on the Daily Mirror in London. For the last 15 years I have made a good career working for the Mirror and have decided to give a little back to the photographic community.

Please look at my new page on the Daily Mirror website which I started with an assignment in Afghanistan- to get an insight to my life as a Mirror staff photographer: click here

I would be grateful for any feedback about my Mirror page, and if anyone has any questions about my life working in the British media, please ask away either on my Mirror page which I check daily or indeed here.

I love newspaper photography and would love to help or advise anyone who has a keen interest too.

best wishes to all,
James Vellacott

Howdy James :) Welcome to the forums!

I think you already win an award for the most tags on a thread ;)

Hey James

Welcome to TP. I have to say I've been looking through a few of your reports, and am particularly interested and fascinated with the descriptions of how you set up the shoots. This provides a great insight for learners like me, and I will be a regular visitor to your site.

Thanks for posting, all pointers and advice greatly appreciated.

John

Hi James.
Welcome to the madhouse mate. Great to have you on board.

Kev.

Hi James........and welcome to TP :wave:

Welcome indeed James........be prepared to have you're ears pinned back by people asking how they can get a job on a BIG Daily......:D:D

By the way James........how do I get a job on a big Daily??? ;)

:thinking:

welcome! It's very friendly here, I hope you enjoy it :)

Welcome James, i hope you enjoy the forums.

hello!

loving your Afghanistan ones! if i had the chance to go out there i would drop everything to capture the hard work our boys and girls are doing!

What a welcome! Thank you all very much, I look forward to interacting with you in the future.
P.s no jobs at the Mirror at the moment but I'll keep you posted.

Hi :wave: and welcome.

hello!

loving your Afghanistan ones! if i had the chance to go out there i would drop everything to capture the hard work our boys and girls are doing!

I can't tell you how amazing the British troops are, I've spent a lot of time on various tours and am staggered every time by the professionalism of our forces.

Hey James

Welcome to TP. I have to say I've been looking through a few of your reports, and am particularly interested and fascinated with the descriptions of how you set up the shoots. This provides a great insight for learners like me, and I will be a regular visitor to your site.

Thanks for posting, all pointers and advice greatly appreciated.

John
Feel free to ask questions on my page, I check it every day. Best wishes.

Welcome to TP James :wave::wave:

Back