Dairy Farm

Name
Trev
Edit My Images
Yes
I am really happy with this image..
Had a nice walk for my wifes Birthday which unluckily for her fell on mothers day.
The day was really overcast so im chuffed as hell with the results of this.

dairy-farm.jpg

Couple of things. How the hell do you get away with just having a walk for your wifes birthday and did you take her with you;)

Pics nice tho(y)

Was there a fair bit of HDR done on this one?
There seems to be quite a bit of white haloing going on around the silo and above the sheds.

The overall image is a bit dark for me...but it could be my rubbish work monitor :D

I should also add that it really wouldnt have been possible without HDR.
The sky was so white and bland that I really had to dig deep in the raw file to bring it out (-4 exp)

Great HDR treatment, and a fantastic looking sky. Love it! I don't think there is that much of a halo, and I would tend to agree with you about taking a picture with a near white sky. If you didn't use hdr the shot would have looked bland and very ordinary. Which programme did you use for the hdr? The only very minor criticism I would have is that the main tank could do with straightening a degree or two.
Mike

Realy like it. I would crop a little off the bottom but thats just my opinoin.

Great HDR treatment, and a fantastic looking sky. Love it! I don't think there is that much of a halo, and I would tend to agree with you about taking a picture with a near white sky. If you didn't use hdr the shot would have looked bland and very ordinary. Which programme did you use for the hdr? The only very minor criticism I would have is that the main tank could do with straightening a degree or two.
Mike

the HDR was produced using lightroom to get the exposures, then run through photomatrix.

I know what you mean about the tank but I like the quirky feel it gives, not being straight.

I am glad you get something out of this photograph. Subject wise it is not the most interesting and although the treatment works to an extent with this subject the halo and the colour shift at the top just push this image too far and I cannot get anything out of it at all.

Sorry but just my opinion. :shrug:

(y)

I am glad you get something out of this photograph. Subject wise it is not the most interesting and although the treatment works to an extent with this subject the halo and the colour shift at the top just push this image too far and I cannot get anything out of it at all.

Sorry but just my opinion. :shrug:

(y)

no worries.
hdr is a marmite thing it seems.
I personally like it :razz: :bonk:

Trev

I never said I don't like HDR and I have used this technique and will do again should the need arise. However I can only see the introduced Halo's as a defect which detracts from the image imo.

As i said I am pleased you like your image. This is important as the ultimate control is yours.

(y)

I see what you mean.
Thanks for your opinions. I have produced a few more now and have varied my technique so might have another go at this image.. It might not be the most interesting subject but I'm hoping the farmer will like it :)

Back