Damaged negative :O(

Name
Ronan
Edit My Images
Yes
I've not posted any images to this forum yet so I thought it's about time.....

I managed to put a horrible crease in the negative for this shot which was taken with my grumpy old kiev 88 on Ilford Delta 400 but I like the results never-the-less. The crease follows the curve of his neck so doesn't immediately scream out. Should I have tried to edit it out?

2009-09-27 - B&W - 008 by Ronan_C, on Flickr

Last edited:
Hmm, funny one that. Took me a while to find it... might be a bit of a pain to clone out since it intersects the hair, perhaps you could just go over it with the darken tool and it would look like part of the bokeh?

Nice picture at any rate, i need more practice :)

These creases are typical of what you get when the film gets stuck in the spiral when loading it and you try to force it. Never force it - just withdraw the film from the spiral and start again.

They should be really easy to pp out.

again, took me a while to see it, but i actually like the image as it is - now that i know where it is it seems to add to the image imo

These creases are typical of what you get when the film gets stuck in the spiral when loading it and you try to force it. Never force it - just withdraw the film from the spiral and start again.

They should be really easy to pp out.

Guilty as charged... This happened as I loaded the reel. One of my reels is stickier than the other and I keep forgetting to mark which one it is.... I'm normally pretty careful.

I've kind of grown used to seeing the picture as it is so I may just be lazy and leave it. I can pretend that it's all arty and intentional ;-)

Back