Dammit. Lost my negative carrier

Name
Mads
Edit My Images
Yes
Well damn. In the process of tidying my spare room and all my film gear, I've generated space to actually be able to use my enlarger.
The problem?

I can't find the 120 carrier anywhere. I'm hoping it's migrated downstairs but I'm less than convinced.

Had a look on eBay and can't find a replacement that looks the same which is a bit of a buggerance.

Oh well, best keep looking.

When I first got into photography as a school kid I was on a very tight budget and bought a used Gnome Beta II enlarger very cheaply as it didn't have a negative carrier with it, so I made my own out of corrugated cardboard from a box lid, folding it in half then measuring and cutting a hole large enough for the negative to be framed in. I could then sandwich the neg strip in it and slide the cardboard into the gap where the original carrier would have sat, which held it quite snugly. I used that for a good while until I became more interested in cars and girls than printing photos. Dust/fibres from the cardboard was a bit of a problem to start with, but it soon seemed to stop moulting!

I don't know if it would be possible to do something like that with your enlarger as a stopgap, but sometimes it's not too hard to improvise a work-around until the original part turns up, or a replacement is found? Hope this is useful. Oh, and don't blame me if it doesn't work and you break something on your enlarger, it's entirely up to you if you try something like that! (y)

Last edited:
There is a piece of glaringly obvious information omitted from this conversation that is seriously hampering any attempt by casual readers to put forward a suitable fix or suggested course of action that may render this as yet, unidentified enlarger.......functional.

:)

There is a piece of glaringly obvious information omitted from this conversation that is seriously hampering any attempt by casual readers to put forward a suitable fix or suggested course of action that may render this as yet, unidentified enlarger.......functional.

:)
It's forum posts like that which prevent at least two pages of supposition, prevarication and argument. Now go and stand in the corner and think about what you've just done! ;)

My humble apologies, I posted in haste and wished for more understanding sympathy than my wife's "oh, thats... a shame?"
Its absolutely got to be here somewhere, but neither of us can find it.

I'll go have a looky see what model the enlarger is

ETA its a green universal enlarger

Last edited:
It's forum posts like that which prevent at least two pages of supposition, prevarication and argument. Now go and stand in the corner and think about what you've just done! ;)

bugger that, I've got stuff y'know, stuff I need to get rid of, I've gotta give something away every day just to keep my head above the junk
s'like Bellatrix Lestranges bank vault in my Droom, ya can't turn it off, just gotta keep it moving....

:D

My humble apologies, I posted in haste and wished for more understanding sympathy than my wife's "oh, thats... a shame?"
Its absolutely got to be here somewhere, but neither of us can find it.

I'll go have a looky see what model the enlarger is

ETA its a green universal enlarger

Have you posted a picture of that somewhere, or did I dream it

Found it, enlarger woes..:)

Hmm, not sure, its not easy to tell.

Ahh...its nothing like it anyway...darn....:(

28s7p7l.jpg

Mine has similar to the.middle bit but it's part of the frame, and the holders slot in above it.

Back