Critique Danbury Common (Essex)

Name
Simon
Edit My Images
Yes
I would some critique on this image please. Comments taken on board from the last attempt. It looks much sharper Here
I think I prefer the bottom crop.
Many thanks
Simon

Danbury Common.jpgDanbury Common 2.jpg

Last edited:
I think when you are shooting area's like these, you need to think about the framing a little more. A tree like that needs to be a focal point and a lot of the tree is missing to the top and left of frame. Also, the colours seem a little flat. Maybe some tweeking in lightroom to get the saturation right. Good work all around though!

Definitely. The positioning is much better. It's difficult to shoot scenes like this. I always try and think about how I'll draw myself into the main subject. The lower foliage has grea colours which you can draw out by tweeking the saturation. Keep shooting and taking great photo's!

A different view (sic) - there is no need to have bright , saturated colours, or any specific amount of tree. The composition and saturation/colours of the first are fine for a subtle autumnal shot. And whilst I'm not a rule-of-thirds devotee, the first has the nearest tree and a background tree on the thirds, and it works here. The key is what you want the picture to look like. And yes, these shots are a significant improvement on the one you posted a while ago.

A different view (sic) - there is no need to have bright , saturated colours, or any specific amount of tree. The composition and saturation/colours of the first are fine for a subtle autumnal shot. And whilst I'm not a rule-of-thirds devotee, the first has the nearest tree and a background tree on the thirds, and it works here. The key is what you want the picture to look like. And yes, these shots are a significant improvement on the one you posted a while ago.

Agree. Processing wise these stand out as being particularly tasteful. The 1st edits are far better - the second is too contrasty. You do not need to have 100% blacks or whites. Scenes like this live in mid tone values

Last edited:
I agree with John & Steve about the processing and I prefer the second crop of the scene of the first 2 as the bottom section is tidier

Back