Dancer or athlete...?

Name
Drew
Edit My Images
No
either or both! Celine is one of the rising stars of Birmingham Royal Ballet and tends to make the most amazing movement look sublime and effortless!

Last edited:
Three absolutely cracking images, very graceful. I particularly like the 'pose' in the first image with the arms and rear leg mirroring each other, Well Done.

To use the American superlative, awesome! Love this kind of thing Drew, great subject and lit perfectly.

Love number 3, would'nt be out of place on a Nike billboard!

Stunning! I have to say that I love them all but number 3 really works for me! I love the lighting as well, dual soft box?
Have you thought of getting her back for some partner work, lifts etc?
Congratulations to both you and Celine for some wonderful art.

Stunning! I have to say that I love them all but number 3 really works for me! I love the lighting as well, dual soft box?
Have you thought of getting her back for some partner work, lifts etc?
Congratulations to both you and Celine for some wonderful art.

Thank you very much Chris, that's very kind of you. We have done some partner shots which I will post shortly, with a slightly different feel to them. Hope you like them. Thanks again! :)

Drew

Top notch, really good work. They demonstrate the power of good lighting (and great subject).

Many thanks Ian, I appreciate your feedback.

These are beautiful, I too love the lighting! Do you mind me asking how you lit them? :)

Thanks Briony :) The lighting is quite simple really; a small (70cm) Octabox to the left and directly behind her, feathered a little and a larger Octa to the right, again feathered to soften the light further and keep as much as possible off the background. Hope that's useful! :)

Back