Dandylions

Forbiddenbiker

The Enforcer
Name
Adam
Edit My Images
Yes
Just the two, taken today at the london Wetlands centre, all my duck photos are in the sharin forum. ;)

What do you peeps think, does this work? Thoughts and critique please.

dandielions.jpg

I think that's excellent. The dark background works really well too. The flash has perhaps made the front stem a bit prominent, but it should be relatively easy to selectively tone it down a little. :)

I think it works really well - I like it :) I was expecting to see yellow dandelions, so it was a nice surprise! The dandelion seeds floating around really add to the shot. My only niggle would be the lighter area at the bottom right of the picture - my eyes are drawn to it.

I have no niggles with this delightful shot! I love those floating fairies and the detail in the seedheads is amazing....a perfect shot as far as I'm concerned :)

great shot :) i was thinking of doing something similar the other day but i couldnt think how to blow the dandilions and get good focus if they were moving? how did you manage it, if you dont mind?

thats fantastic, get it printed!

Thanks everyone. :)
I've been trying to capture these for weeks too, but, in fact, turned out, it was dead easy. :naughty:

noah said:
great shot :) i was thinking of doing something similar the other day but i couldnt think how to blow the dandilions and get good focus if they were moving? how did you manage it, if you dont mind?

Darn it, why did you have to ask me that. :(

'Cobwebs' to you sir. ;)

...and no breeze.

All that I ask is, you let me revel in the impact of this shot for a few more days. :D

First rule of photography, never share your best techniques ;)

brilliant shot though, well concieved and taken, whatever the method!

Great take FB ... not a great deal wrong with this one and most would be extremely pleased with it including me !

TFS ...

Great shot, reminds me of the night sky(y)

Very welll done..... could be the best of these type of shots Ive seen!!

Thanks everyone. I didn't want to bounce this up straightaway. And thanks Janice, saw your shot too, very nice. I'm still waiting for the guys shots...? ;)

I've entered this shot into a photo comp on a biker’s site, its running equal 3rd at the mo...:( ... Tisk, what do they know bl**dy bikers.:LOL:

I don't really mean that, many of the guys are pro-graphics types and pro-photographers. So part of me is happy to be running 3rd, is just that 3rd is so close to first. IYKWIM.

:naughty:
I have an idea.

The comps here.

:whistles:

Its a good shot.

Bikers taking pictures of dandylions, though?! Something slightly wrong with that. You're supposed to take pictures of 'ard stuff like tigers, and cars, and tramps etc.

(i'd keep the morris dancing classes a secret if I were you) ;)

:eek: tis all true.

...except for the Morris dancing bit. :nono:

Well, in answer, I like to think I'm maturing...but really, I've always been a big softy at heart....
Saying that, I haven't posted any pictures of my 'very small cat called Molly' yet...and :| I'm not BL**DY going to, you can be sure of that. :|

;)
But only because she’s shiny black and I can't get a good exposure on her.

Please tell me your don't have those hideous stick-on bunny ears on your crash hat?

lovely shot, well done :)

My opinion...
Make the background black, the bottom part. It's going to be less distracting.
Burn a little bit the left dandylion's centre.
Dodge the green part of the one on the right.

I think that's it.
I really like it, but I think that with those improvements it's going to look a little bit better. :)

Back