Dangling receivers?

Name
Amber Waldron
Edit My Images
No
How does anyone keep their receivers from dangling? I've just been using every tape to attach my receivers to light stands. My most recent is a godox receiver. It's hooked up to my photogenic light. Thank you for any suggestions!

I bought some heavy duty velco stuff off I think ebay, self adhesive.. It's seriously strong sticky suff and the velco part is good too. A bit on the side of the light and the back of the receiver and job done.

A loop of gaff tape on the back works for most things. (y)

It sticks well and is easily removable when you want it to be.

No studio should be without it. I don't like sticky . . .

My old PixelKing receivers have a little cord loop / wrist strap on them - that just gets hooked off whatever is confident (usually the clamp leaver from the head), so the receiver is still dangling, but not by the sync cord.

The little Velcro Dots work well. Just be certain to use the male Velcro on the light and female on the flash receiver. If you use the male on the receiver, it will attach itself to everything in your camera bag.

Charley

Self adhesive Valco strips/dots may not hold well enough...using a Velco self-adhering strap, that goest around a pole and receiver will prevent the receiver from peeling itself off .

Last edited:
Velcro cable ties?

Velcro cable ties?
Yes, they exist. I use one long one to tie a large collapsible patio umbrella to a nearby structure so that strong winds cannot blow it over during winter storms, and I some smaller ones to bind 100' power cables, and even to bind 6' USB cables while they are not being used.

Back