Dani+Caleb Engagement

Name
Rucel (but call me Rusty)
Edit My Images
Yes
Wow, it has been TOO long since I've been around here. I've missed this place a lot.

Regardless, I got to do my first engagement shoot at the end of April, and this is a selection of the chosen pictures. Please, let me know how I can improve! I wish I had been posting continuously, but I can only improve from here! Thanks ahead of time! All shot with Sony a330 and 50mm.

Dani+Caleb1
by Rustico on Talk Photography

Dani+Caleb2

Dani+Caleb3

Dani+Caleb4

Dani+Caleb5

Dani+Caleb6

For me the last 2 are pick of the bunch although eye contact would have made the penultimate one stronger. I find all of them excessive in contrast and you have cropped hands/elbows which does not help the composition. In 4 of the shots the subjects seem too low in the frame - make use of the freeze focus and move the camera to re-compose thinking about placement in the frame. I like the idea of the heart shape with hands but for me the composition does not work - maybe higher and slightly wider to get both heads in?

Thanks for taking the time to respond! You're right about the composition; it's one of the things that I looked back on and realized was not very good. Can you explain a little more on the excessive contrast? I'm trying to define my style, and it's taking some work! If you can suggest a way for me to improve please say so.

For me it looks like the blacks have been pushed too far and you have lost detail/clarity.

Back