weekly Danjama's 52 Week Challenge - Week 1 'Direction' Added

Name
Daniel
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi everyone, I'm a retail assistant living near London. Hoping this project improves my photography and helps me get to know some of you better. It should also be a nice escape from reality, as things inevitably get on top of me through the year!

So, here we go! Good luck to everyone and let's hope for a great year!

Week 1 - Direction (tba)

Last edited:
Thanks to you both! I did add myself onto the spreadsheet but im right at the bottom instead of in my alphabetical place.

This was a pain in the arse sequence, we had a few others where it looked better but I had exposed for the sky (had to keep shutter up for sequence) and could not lift them enough in post without ruining them. This was a compromise, the trick looks ok and there was just enough detail to lift the dark foreground, unline the other attempts. I was very annoyed, because I had exposed for the sky and it looked fantastic, very detailed and purposeful. All of that detail has gone in the low resolution sequence seen here.

So I learnt that when shooting rollerblading sequences:

1/ Attempt in better, natural light for high shutter/low iso/balanced exposure or...
2/ Use Flash

I'm glad it came out ok though.

Shot at:

iso1600
1/3200
f3.5
18mm

Last edited:
not a bad start Daniel, now lets see your take on fear :)

Hi Daniel....flippin heck...thats one long sequence of shots...thought it was just 1 image to start with then started scrolling right...& more & more & more..
had a quick peek at them on flicker to see them all on one screen...looks really good :clap:

So...I'm liking the idea & each of the shots to me,would stand alone for the theme...but can understand why you chose to show them like this .
Like the colors you got in the sky (still have problems with exposure myself ) . I may have cropped the sky slightly in each image to put more emphasis on the skater & maybe chosen 3 to put as a tryptych ( or however you spell it :LOL:)
That said tis a great sequence...you've done well mister & look forward to seeing your next 51 images..(y)

Nice take on the theme and a nice but slightly big on my screen sequence.

Look forward to seeing more form you as the weeks progress.

Nice start Daniel, definitely gives the sense of direction. It's all about the learning curve, lets get your Fear image uploaded :D

Hi everyone, sorry I missed all of these lovely and helpful comments, had a busy few days. I definitely agree a slightly tighter crop on each frame and maybe fewer shots could have portrayed 'direction' as well as or better than I've done. I've also been encouraged to have the sequence all in one 'image' so i'll have to use a tripod and stitch together in post to try that, which I think will solve the 'mega long' panorama issue.

Again i'm glad you all enjoyed it, at least.

Now, i'm really struggling with the 'fear' theme. Every idea i've thought of has left me uninspired or demotivated. Think i'll browse the threads of others right now for some inspiration (even though i have to be up in 5 hours for work!) :LOL:

Back