weekly Dannhy 52 week Project

Name
Daniel
Edit My Images
Yes
Hello Guys,

Well after joining TP I wanted to start one of these but just didn’t get round to it. Then yesterday I was reading the "Secret Squirrel" thread and PatrickO suggested that a 52 would be a good place to post your work for friendly feedback and comments so here I am :)

I will try to return the favour to all who take the time to look and comment on my 52 I’ll do the same ;)

Well I joined on 15/01/13 so here is my first 4 weeks to bring me up to date

Ill also try to wright a little background on each picture

Anyway I hope you all like my tread and I’ll be paying more attention to people 52s from now on

Thanks
Danny

This is my Week 1

Charlotte by GuerrillaPhotography, on Flickr
It’s a low key shot on my GF I really like dark and contrasting shots so you may see this in more of my work, She had returned from her friends and having the make-up around her eyes I thought it made a good subject.

Week 2

HDR Tree 2 by GuerrillaPhotography, on Flickr
I had a stab at HDR and here is the best, (I should have cropped more off the bottom) I don’t think trees are the best subject for HDR and haven’t found anything for HDR yet

Week 3

Loch by GuerrillaPhotography, on Flickr
I know this isn’t exactly my 3rd week more the end of the 2nd week but i didn’t get my camera out on week 3 as i have no inspiration :crying:. Anyway we went for a nice walk in the snow and passed this cool looking lock

Week 4

Blue Bridge by GuerrillaPhotography, on Flickr
Went out on Friday with my friends and had a trip to Media City in Manchester
There are lots of bright lights and nice reflections down there. I may visit again and try some different angles. We were looking for a good location to position my friends MK1 golf GTI but couldn’t find anywhere so may it will appear in my 52 at some point.

Anyway thanks for looking guys (y)(y)

On review of other peoples 52 i think i am missing somthing.......Oh ye the list....Doh

I cant find it, can someone point me in the direction of this list so i can follow it from now on

Thanks

Nice set of images to start of with Danny, looking forward to seeing more (y)

Thanks Danno is there a list I should be following though???

hi Danny.... the list of themes is in the first post of this thread - updated to the new weeks one every Saturday morning.

2 days into week 6 at the moment - current theme Work. (last weeks was Space).

Like the low key one of your girlfriend - little close crop to her chin.

The HDR of the trree should really have been able to bring up the brightness of the snow in the foreground. Halo-ing of the trees and darkening of the tops of the trees not seen in their middles all jump out as the bad points of HDR. Avoid these and you;re on your way.

Think the lock works well, snow is nice and bright - maybe blown in places?

But my fave is the reflected lights - strong vertical on a third, nice colours, diagonals. (y)

Keep at it.

overbez said:
hi Danny.... the list of themes is in the first post of this thread - updated to the new weeks one every Saturday morning.

2 days into week 6 at the moment - current theme Work. (last weeks was Space).

Like the low key one of your girlfriend - little close crop to her chin.

The HDR of the trree should really have been able to bring up the brightness of the snow in the foreground. Halo-ing of the trees and darkening of the tops of the trees not seen in their middles all jump out as the bad points of HDR. Avoid these and you;re on your way.

Think the lock works well, snow is nice and bright - maybe blown in places?

But my fave is the reflected lights - strong vertical on a third, nice colours, diagonals. (y)

Keep at it.

Thanks a lot Overbez ill join in the list from now on. Ye not a fan of HDR tbh the best HDR is when you can't tell it's HDR lol

Ye it probably is a little close crop on her chin but other than that I was happy with it

And ye the reflection of the bridge has to be me fave.

Thanks a lot Overbez ill join in the list from now on. Ye not a fan of HDR tbh the best HDR is when you can't tell it's HDR lol

Ye it probably is a little close crop on her chin but other than that I was happy with it

And ye the reflection of the bridge has to be me fave.

It was a hard choice between the bridge and this shot as the best of this week. I currently have this one as my desktop background though.

Media City by GuerrillaPhotography, on Flickr

Back