Dark Cloth

Asha

Blithering Idiot
Name
Asha
Edit My Images
Yes
What do you use?

For viewing the groundglass I place a thick cotton black T shirt over my head so it's held in place on my neck then place the "body" of the shirt over the rear of the camera.

Depending on which camera I use, I have to cover the bellows or front standard to keep light entry at bay.....My present cotton dark cloth from many many moons ago is shall we say past its best so I'm looking for something suitable to replace it that is light tight but without being too heavy.

Ideas anyone??

I use a pillowcase with a sheet doubled up, wrapped round it and stapled together. Cheapy cheapy and near enough lets no light in at all. Good length too!

Why not make another, smaller one just for the bellows?

I use a pillowcase with a sheet doubled up, wrapped round it and stapled together. Cheapy cheapy and near enough lets no light in at all. Good length too!

Why not make another, smaller one just for the bellows?

Thanks for the reply joe

Two amusing things come immediatley to mind:

fisrtly my choice of which bedding to use might not go down so well with the mrs if she comes in one day to find her best sheet "modified" !! :D

secondly if I leave it to her to decide on what i can have, I may well find myself with flowery or teddy bear patterned bellows......as if i don't get enough wierd looks when shooting LF!! :D

Good ideas there though....I'll have to see whats in our blanket box then take her out for a meal !! :D :D

Flowery teddy bears sounds great! Better than my plain thing any day :D
But yes, definitely be careful with that one! Might be worth a trip to a fabric shop to see if they have any reasonably sized off-cuts :)

First time out with my 5x4 camera today and I'm using a t-shirt but the other way around, the neck fits nicely around the ground glass mount and then I stick my head in the body bit. I'll need to seal up the sleeves though.

I used a big bit of black polyester fleece on my Cambo, poke 2 holes and hook it over the rear standard uprights. Was an offcut from doing some fibreglass work so not ever remotely square but it worked

Back