Dark Clouds over Kingsnorth!

Name
Peter Randall
Edit My Images
Yes

C&C very welcome!

teeny weeny bit overcooked...any way of balancing that really dark sky? it's verging on being a bit of a black blob. Nice pic though just need a tweak or two.

I agree look a tad oversaturated and I might crop a bit of the foreground.
Good image - could be great(y)
B&W a possibility?

I actually like the dark sky in this. It seems to me that the message of this is the pollution caused by the power stations.

I think i recognise the photo position and i like the shot very much, i believe that you need to know the situation to appreciate the scale.
The power station chimney is almost like the needle awaiting to burst the pressure of the oncoming precipitation. Most impressive.

I like the sky and think that I'd have gone for cropping strictly yo rule of thirds, with the horizon on bottom third and the chimney on third from right

Dunstan has hit the nail on the head.
Cropping to the 1/3 rule balances the colours as well.

Lovely colours in the sky, maybe a tad overpowered by the lower part of the image. What do you think of this edit - I will remove if you don't like it

lightpainterkingsnorth.jpg

Not my favourite type of processing at the best of times. To me (amongst other things in the picture) the light on the ground does not match the direction of the light in the scene with the result that it looks like a 'HDR' image rather than a photo.

Back