Dark Prints

Name
Harry
Edit My Images
Yes
Having serious problems with my printer producing dark prints. Up until October everything was working great suddenly everything was dark and muddy. I re-profiled monitor, Eizo with internal calibrator, still no good. Sent test prints off to re check paper profile and was told they were no good. Wiped drive and re installed everything, profiled monitor and paper and still not happy. Printer is Epson Sc-p800 and inks are same as when working OK. Using LR Classic CC and Windows 10.. Have checked that colour is controlled by computer not printer so now out of ideas.

Have you been in touch with Eizo to find any guidance about confirming that the internal sensor is actually working 100% correctly?

A quick read on the Eizo website suggests there is an alternative calibration method using a plugged in external sensor!

PS which model number have you got???

Last edited:
Have you been in touch with Eizo to find any guidance about confirming that the internal sensor is actually working 100% correctly?

A quick read on the Eizo website suggests there is an alternative calibration method using a plugged in external sensor!

PS which model number have you got???
Have a CG2730, will borrow a calibrator this week but have just tested from laptop with calibrated screen and the prints look exactly the same.

Few questions...

What luminance level are you calibrating to?
Has the ambient light level changed?
How are you viewing your prints?

Dark prints normally (but not always) point to the monitor luminance level being too high for the viewing conditions of your prints.

Few questions...

What luminance level are you calibrating to?
Has the ambient light level changed?
How are you viewing your prints?

Dark prints normally (but not always) point to the monitor luminance level being too high for the viewing conditions of your prints.
Set to 80 for printing. Viewing with daylight lamp. I had the fall update for Win 10, update for printer firmware and Lightroom CC all within the problem time. Firmware for printer has been updated again but Epson does not disclose what they are for. Everything worked fine from both laptop and tower before, may have to try printer on someone else's system to narrow it down.

Set to 80 for printing. Viewing with daylight lamp. I had the fall update for Win 10, update for printer firmware and Lightroom CC all within the problem time. Firmware for printer has been updated again but Epson does not disclose what they are for. Everything worked fine from both laptop and tower before, may have to try printer on someone else's system to narrow it down.
Very strange... I am Mac and Canon so can't help too much, I have heard of people having problems with dark prints on Windows, sometimes an un-install and re-install of the drivers etc. solved it. Sorry I can't be of much help.

Very strange... I am Mac and Canon so can't help too much, I have heard of people having problems with dark prints on Windows, sometimes an un-install and re-install of the drivers etc. solved it. Sorry I can't be of much help.
Like I said , I formatted and reinstalled main machine but still the same, looks like I will have to test printer on another system. Had a problem before when laptop stopped printing and just gave error message but windows update has cured that. Must be software as all the hardware is still the same.

After multiple updates, fw update on printer again, recalibration of screens and paper profiles using Colormunki Photo everything seems to be working again. Keeping fingers crossed.

Back