'I'm from New Zealand but I now live in Ireland'

'I am passing through, just been to Stonehenge for the sunrise'

'Bristol....its a cool place'

'I prefer the pace of life back in NZ'

'My sunglasses? I love them!'

Diego Garcia said:
'I prefer the pace of life back in NZ'

Gotta be kiiding right ... over Ireland ... :thinking:

This one is not my cup of tea type shot I'm afraid Diego ... definitely not to your usual level ... imo only of course ... :shrug:

But is good to see you are not afraid to try something different all the time ... (y)

I agree with V on this one - it didn't quite work for me either. I think there's a few reasons - not seeing the eyes is a big part of it and the post work is maybe a little over-cooked on the lower face which leave detail all around the face but not much in it.

In general though I'm enjoying these shots - have you thought about creating a blog for these? I think it could be an interesting project...

I like these type of shots you are doing with the snippets of info that go with them :) However, I'm not keen on the processing you have used on this particular shot.

Thanks for the replies. I think that for me it works in that she was a fairly abstract person like me and the feel of the shot got what I was trying to achieve with her.

I concur with the eye thing but I suppose when shooting street stuff like this you have to work with what is there hence using her glasses as the focal point.

I hated the shot until I got to this point then I loved it in an instant!

Appreciate the comments :)

I like the glasses. not seeing teh eyes works for me in this picture. However i do feel the dodge/burn is a bit too much in this picture Diego. To me its too obvious what you have done.
But shes a great character and you have definately captured her spirit

i think the glasses are the shot here, its certainly not a bad shot, and its not as powerful as some of your other work youve shown, but again it catches the mood!

Back