weekly Darren's 52-2012 - Direction

Hi Darren...welcome aboard :)

Good start to your project...nice DOF & bang on theme so a (y) from me. Possibly just a small lighten would make the words stand out more....& maybe a mono conversion would work a treat ?

Best of luck for the next 51 weeks :eek: & look forward to seeing your shots :)

(y) well on theme, agree it looks a bit dark on my monitor - look forward to watching your efforts.

I agree with whats been said above but it is a very minor point on what is a good take on the theme. Its well composed with a nice dof, I like the colour tones but would be interested in seeing a B&W conversion for comparison. Good start to your 52 (y) Iain

Welcome to the 52 Darren.
A lovely start, nice composition and great DoF, though I agree that a mono conversion would also work well and I'd quite like to see it for comparison.
The other variation that may have been interesting would have been a slight clockwise rotation to your position so that we could see more of where the sign's pointing. I don't think it would necessarily have been a better shot but part of me is really curious about where the path goes . . . having said that, perhaps a little mystery is better just to keep me guessing :LOL:

Cheers for the comments everyone. I'll have a go at lightening the pic and see what a B&W looks like.

Direction : Bang on theme, good use of DOF... I think it would look a bit better with a bit of a lighten in the sign...

Back