Dart frogs

Name
Stuart
Edit My Images
Yes
Seeing all these frog pics I thought I would share some with you all..these are TINY!

STU_0431.jpg

STU_0449.jpg

STU_0399.jpg

STU_0398.jpg

STU_0393.jpg

STU_0377.jpg

They are seriously gorgeous Stuart ... (y) ... and having seen them in the flesh I can certainly vouch for the tiny ... :eek: ... but ... no Green ones ... :cautious:

08.gif

Excellent m8 ... Greenish is good too ... :D

Saw one like this in CR last year ... ;)

Are these all yours too ... :eek:

:p

:LOL:

Fab pics!!!! My fave's are 4 & 6, really cool!!!! where were you when you took them? Exotic holiday!?!?!? :D

Unfortunately nothing to exotic..at a friends house on the out skirts of London..:LOL:

Lovely series of some amazing frogs, really shows the detail off (y)

Thankyou both..in the wild they secrete poison through their skin but its all to do with their diet of ants that give them their toxicity..in captivity they are fed on alternative food items so lack the "Poison" aspect.

Beautiful set of frogs well photographed. I believe these are becoming quite popular now although pretty expensive to purchase.

Thankyou very much..they are becoming popular but need very specific housing and feeding needs so not for a beginner,they can be expensive as you say prices can reach several hundred pound for a single frog.

Thankyou very much..they are becoming popular but need very specific housing and feeding needs so not for a beginner,they can be expensive as you say prices can reach several hundred pound for a single frog.

Great stuff as usual Stuart
I am not an amphibian fan but still great (y)

:)Thanks Chris..they really are a joy to shoot..although some are very shy and hop off at the slightest movement.

:LOL:Possibly Ewan,either that or they think your Freddy Krueger..lol
Thanks Mitch they really are that vibrant too!

Back