Dartmoor Rainbow

Name
Andrew
Edit My Images
Yes
I saw this rainbow whilst driving across Dartmoor. It was a complete rainbow, one of the best I have ever seen. I pulled in to photograph it, but found the 24-105 lens wasn't wide enough to get it all in. By the time I managed to get back to the car and change to the 17-40 lens, the rainbow had started to disappear and the top was gone. This was the best shot I managed. I was quite disappointed not to get it at its best.

Dartmoor Rainbow
by Idlefrog Photo, on Flickr

Murphy's law! Even if you have the right camera, you'll have the wrong lens fitted. At least these days we're rarely confronted with wonderfully coloured scenes when loaded with B&W film and/or low light and slow film!

Just trying to place where this was shot - I'm in Exeter so fairly familiar with the moor. Love the way the brown of the bracken fades into the green of the heather.

I like it the way it is, has a cloud piercing look. Very nicely done

Looks good to me, well worth stopping for :)

Great photo! It might just be my eyes, but it looks like a partial double rainbow to me? I can see the faint colours of another rainbow just underneath the cloud on the far rhs? Nice work (y)

Don't be hard on yourself - stunning shot. Then again, if I had taken it I would also have been thinking about the shots I could have got! :)

Cracking Shot! at least you got it mate you could have missed everything.... As it stands its a stunning shot and it actually looks like the Rainbow is threading through the cloud, even the cloud is quite a stunning formation. Well done Looks Great!

Yes it is excellent, I might crop a couple of pixels of the RHS if it was mine and reduce the clarity slightly so the sky top left looked more realistic but great shot and it has plenty of impact.

Back