Dartmoor rays (with re Edit)

Name
Dan
Edit My Images
Yes
This was taken on Dartmoor towards Tavistock. All comments welcome hope you all like it.

Moor_rays_1.jpg

Thank you for looking.

Heres the re edit. please comment again. Has it improved slightly?

rays_1.jpg

Last edited:
I do, but there's something I can't quite put my finger on with the processing. Have you HDR'd it? There's something not quite balanced about the light, or something :p

A nice atmospheric image but you've obviously made some big changes to this and a bit more subtlety might have been better IMO.

Thank you for your comments. Yes its a HDR i know people dont like them much. Ill have another go to tone it down alittle. Cheers Dan

I like the rays on the hill but the foreground colours look a bit bright or strong.

ohhh that's gorgeous, I guess I must like HDR - must learn to do it :)

I would hang that on my wall (first time I've thought that about a pic on here, tho I've seen some brilliant shots)

must give you some applause :clap: :clap: :clap:

PS do you live there? I went for 1st time last Easter to visit wistman's wood. I was still a novice using auto for everything, and I accidently only took my tele so the shots were very poor. we're going back this Easter and this time I hope to do much better. We're camping near the prison (ooer)

I think there’s a stunning photo lurking in there, just needs a little help to stand out. For me it almost has a spiritual feel to it.
IMHO, I’d crop just a little off the top because for me there’s just a little too much blown in the sky. Did you high-light the sun light area yourself whilst processing? If so, I wonder if the bright area further up the hill would look better as the high-lighted area? Just a thought, either way a shot to be proud of.

Back