Dartmoor/Sharpitor at Night

Name
Jon
Edit My Images
Yes
Took this last night in Dartmoor National Park. Got lucky with the timing of the car light trails, but wow, what a fantastic view it was! A little bit noisy (was taken at 1600 ISO for about 20 seconds), it it also adds to the mysteriousness of the moor late at night. Any feedback gratefully received.

EU5A2784.jpg

Very nice! You even caught 3 celestial light trails. Noise is an unfortunate fact of life and doesn't really detract from that image, certainly at the posted size. Probably won't even show up in a print. Even the lights (?Princetown?) and antenna add to the shot rather than detract.

I like the framing and there is loads of stars, the noise does detract a little but I am jealous you have such dark skys down there (especially living in one of the most light poluted areas of the country!). For me I think I'd like it better without the cars but thats just me, oh and the antenna distracts me a bit as it looks like its leaning?

Thank you both for your feedback. Tunbridge, yes we're are lucky, but you'd be surprised just how light certain areas were still. I agree the antenna looks like it's leaning, but not sure why that would be? It's definitely not actually leaning! I used a 24-105mm for this at 24mm. It's an extremely tall mast, but quite far in the distance.

It's a lovely image...etherial.
I don't mind the mast being there...but I do with it was straight :LOL:

Back