weekly Daves 2018 TP 52 WEEK 52 SHOWCASE COMPLETED

I know not a lot about ancient Egyptian history so can't comment on the Juxtaposition theme but image-wise I agree with Allan about the size of the figures but even closer together with more space on the left and right sides.

Thank you Stan for the comment, for many years I have been in to collecting Egyptian things and the two Busts were a gift from an auction yrs ago and the are very very heavy.

Hi Dave,

Wet - The colour version for me, definitely. the aqua colour is captured really nicely, it just works :)
the B&W is too dark for me.
Juxtaposition - Ah.. Tutankhamun and Nerftiti. I get it now. I prefer the full colour version, the selective desaturation doesn't do it for me. (Whenever I use selective desaturation, it's to hide bright distracting colours in the background, not to make something stand out, so it might just be me and what I'm used to seeing/doing).

Good choice for the theme, I think everybody is struggling with that one. The first one for me!

We're all shoehorning this week. First one for me. (y)

Hi Dave,

Wet - The colour version for me, definitely. the aqua colour is captured really nicely, it just works :)
the B&W is too dark for me.
Juxtaposition - Ah.. Tutankhamun and Nerftiti. I get it now. I prefer the full colour version, the selective desaturation doesn't do it for me. (Whenever I use selective desaturation, it's to hide bright distracting colours in the background, not to make something stand out, so it might just be me and what I'm used to seeing/doing).

Thoughtful choice for the theme, #2 for me, I like the colour contrast.

Good choice for the theme, I think everybody is struggling with that one. The first one for me!

Thank you guys for the comments.

That looks a bit like it's floating in the air, but then that is totally acceptable for a rocket blower... For my taste the lighting is a bit too harsh and the background too bright, but interesting approach to the theme (y)

That looks a bit like it's floating in the air, but then that is totally acceptable for a rocket blower... For my taste the lighting is a bit too harsh and the background too bright, but interesting approach to the theme (y)

Thank you Bernd for the comment, I forgot to put in Susie`s rugby ball.

DSCF8344.jpg

I agree with Brrnd Dave, plus it looks like the nozzle maybe OOF ?...Good idea but thw white space doesnt add, it detracts quite heavily for me - sorry dude.

I agree with Brrnd Dave, plus it looks like the nozzle maybe OOF ?...Good idea but thw white space doesnt add, it detracts quite heavily for me - sorry dude.

Thanks for the comment Mark, I only wanted to focus on the oval, hence why top is oof and put Susie`s rugby ball in too.

Nothing wrong with the objects you have chosen though there is a lack of any composition with both pics also both backgrounds are very odd they look fake, sorry Dave

I'd not thought of using my rocket blower when the theme oval was put up, good thinking Dave. I'm not sure about the white background but it very makes the black rocket blower stand out

Like the first juxtaposition shot mate. Like them both in the same colouring over the grayscale vs colour idea.

Both the Oval shots fit the theme though they do seem to lack some context to me. Maybe the ball with a good dog in the background would help.

Like the first juxtaposition shot mate. Like them both in the same colouring over the grayscale vs colour idea.

Both the Oval shots fit the theme though they do seem to lack some context to me. Maybe the ball with a good dog in the background would help.

Thanks Ross, don`t think Susie would of stayed still for me.

'ere Dave, it's cheating having 3 bites at the apple ;)
I'm going to go with the rubgy ball, as I do like a bit of vibrant colour.
It's not floating as I can see the shadow from the lighting, but you can see what Allan means about the background.

'ere Dave, it's cheating having 3 bites at the apple ;)
I'm going to go with the rubgy ball, as I do like a bit of vibrant colour.
It's not floating as I can see the shadow from the lighting, but you can see what Allan means about the background.

LOL: I thought as many shots as you like can go in haha. Thanks for the comment Tim, I did actually want the bg white :)

The rocket bower looks like something out of an instruction manual. The phone shot is washed out yet more interesting!

I think it's one of those weeks, I've not been feeling inspired by this theme but good-on-ya for getting some on-theme shots in.

the last two themes I just have not had a good feeling for.

Last 3 weeks for me, lol

Wet: like this Dave, love anything to do with WW1 memorials.
Juxtaposition: got this and bang on theme.
Oval, not sure about the blower but your Susie's rugby ball stands out, good colour.

Walter

Couple of good Oval shots Sir, both easily on theme with the second shot (toy rugby ball) being the stronger presentation for me.(y)

George.

of the three shots, I much prefer the last one, save for the fact it's shot on a phone, which shows in the IQ. It might be worth reshooting with your camera?

2 good images for Oval Dave I think No 2 just edges it as it a complete oval. I like the colours too

Dave

Oval, not very happy are they in that last oval shot. Nice tones and the age shows well.

Pete

Oval

Do you know what, I don't have a rocket blower. I like the black on white and the simplicity.

Back