David Beckam - Into the unknown

Name
Greg
Edit My Images
No
Did anyone see the DB documentary where he went into the brazil rainforest.

Any ideas what camera he had slung round his neck?

its bugging me!!

Yeah , I was pretty sure it was an xpro 1 because the lens cap appeared to have a square cap like the Fujis do . But on a different scene the camera body appeared to be quite rounded like the leica

I forget how I know this, but he has been snapped a lot using an X100 in the past, so I would guess it was a Fuji X of some kind.

I did watch it but I didn't pay much attention to his camera.

He's been snapped using an X-100 in the past but he's been a Leica user for a long time. I'm sure he 'advertised' the M9 at one point.

Last edited:
Hi, I agree it certainly looked like an X-Pro1 with possibly the 35mm attached, but later on in the programme I thought it looked more like a Leica. Maybe he uses both?

I also thought it was an x-pro1. He was also snapped in a park shooting his kids with the Hasselblad NEX 7

A lot of famous people are into their photography. Jeff Bridges, Leanord Nemoy, Bryan Adams ... Ian Beale ... :LOL:

Didn't see this program, and don't particularly like Beckham, but will have a look out for it.

Victoria Beckham has one too....:)

posh-spice-leica.jpg

A lot of famous people are into their photography. Jeff Bridges, Leanord Nemoy, Bryan Adams ... Ian Beale ... :LOL:

Didn't see this program, and don't particularly like Beckham, but will have a look out for it.

Yes indeed, they are just people afterall (y) it's just that some choose to attach famous/celebratory status too them, in sure many would love nothing more than to indulge their interest and passion without everyone's interest/snooping

Yes indeed, they are just people afterall (y) it's just that some choose to attach famous/celebratory status too them, in sure many would love nothing more than to indulge their interest and passion without everyone's interest/snooping

They're people!? :eek:

Actually some of them use their fame to boost their photography (y) Doesn't the fact people are mostly interested in what camera he was using, because of who he is, tell you something?

Last edited:
The camera is a Leica Monochrom and the bike is a Triumph Bonneville (tarted up for the programme).

I thought the "Bonnie" was a ridiculous choice of bike for what they were doing.

This is Beckham though - function follows form.

So are we saying David is actually into his photography and loves a nice camera?

Two totally different questions as, when it comes to celebs like that with loads of cash, they'll always buy a "nice" camera, or more simply the most expensive model of whatever specific type they're after. Whether they have any real interest/knowledge/ability is another question altogether.

As the saying goes - all the gear, no idea ;)

Two totally different questions as, when it comes to celebs like that with loads of cash, they'll always buy a "nice" camera, or more simply the most expensive model of whatever specific type they're after. Whether they have any real interest/knowledge/ability is another question altogether.

As the saying goes - all the gear, no idea ;)

In fairness, we don't know that Beckham isn't a great photographer. He may be superb. To take any camera into the Amazon isn't a necessity so he must have taken it for personal reasons. I'm giving him the benefit of doubt. As for the bonnie, he seemed to have a genuine feel for motorbikes.

Knocking his commitment to camera and bikes seems slightly disingenuous to me. He has earned the right to do as he pleases with his money.

Soap box over. Sorry.

Oh I'm not knocking him, sorry if it came across that way.

I'm not saying that he's not a good photographer, merely saying that you can't judge his ability from his equipment. This tends to hold true with everyone of course, except when you see an "average" person with expensive kit, more often than not they'll be an enthusiast with some experience and skill, otherwise such an investment wouldn't have been made or warranted. When people have more money than they know what to do with, then they'll obviously buy the more expensive kit, even if their skill level doesn't "warrant" it so to speak :)

So not saying he's no good at all, just saying he *may* not be :)

Oh I'm not knocking him, sorry if it came across that way.

I'm not saying that he's not a good photographer, merely saying that you can't judge his ability from his equipment. This tends to hold true with everyone of course, except when you see an "average" person with expensive kit, more often than not they'll be an enthusiast with some experience and skill, otherwise such an investment wouldn't have been made or warranted. When people have more money than they know what to do with, then they'll obviously buy the more expensive kit, even if their skill level doesn't "warrant" it so to speak :)

So not saying he's no good at all, just saying he *may* not be :)

To be fair I do remember a post about someone being surprised their new 1DX didn't have a full auto mode for when they just wanted a PAS :bang:

Haha classic! :)

I was talking to someone the other day about how SLRs have come full circle when it comes to automation.

When I first used film SLRs back in the late 70s and early 80s, the holy grail was fully automatic exposure. Most SLRs could do what they called "semi-auto", i.e. shutter or aperture priority but very few could do fully automatic. The Canon A-1 could but the AE-1 couldn't, although it was later added to the AE-1 program.

I find it very amusing that, back then, everyone seemed to aspire to an SLR which could do everything for them, yet now exactly the opposite is true and no pro or enthusiast would even consider using the fully automatic exposure modes with many opting for fully manual.

Oh how times change.

Reports said it was a modified Bonneville T100.

+1 I think it just had knobblies on it!!

And FWIW, out household thought it was a Leica, not a Fuji... I think someone above has stated what Leica model it was

regardless or what bike or camera he was using, he came across exactly as I thought he would, damn nice bloke, very generous, honest, not up his own backside and most importantly has a lot of time for his fans (some modern footballers could take a lesson from Beckham on that).

Overall, a real enjoyable program, but sod sleeping like that in the jungle for a game of fish !!!

regardless or what bike or camera he was using, he came across exactly as I thought he would, damn nice bloke, very generous, honest, not up his own backside and most importantly has a lot of time for his fans (some modern footballers could take a lesson from Beckham on that).

!

Couldn't agree more (y)

Reports said it was a modified Bonneville T100.
Yes you are quite right, it was a bonnie , but by the looks of it they tried to turn it into a scrambler, don't know why they didn't go for one in the first place

cool, thats 4ks worth of leica then..i dont need 2 kidneys do i ????

I watched this the other night on iPlayer, it was a nice little program.

Back