Davinci Resolve 17, best free video editor?

It's pretty good. Actually pretty amazing considering it is free. Even paid version is far better deal than Adobe and probably better too.

The free one is missing some special effects and a few minor functions. If you know what they are and can get around you are good to go. I was recently caught out with flickering LED lights doing one project and just ended up scrapping it altogether. Lesson for next time - switch EVERYTHING off! Paid version could fix it but it just wasn't worth it this time round.

I have been using Windows Movie Maker for years, as I have always liked keeping things simple.
However, I did download Davinci resolve, this was in the hopes I could tidy up my movies a little better, and possibly give them a better look.
I just could not make head nor tail of the program. :thinking:

I use it for pretty basic stuff but it's absolitely incredible. Boggling that it's trer

I know it is obviously a great bit of software, and free too. I just don't know what to do next, after importing the video.
I have looked at a few YouTube video clips, but it is still not computing to my brain. I will have another try later.

I know it is a free program and it is a great bit of software, but it takes aaaaaages to open, that in itself is putting me off also.

I know it is a free program and it is a great bit of software, but it takes aaaaaages to open, that in itself is putting me off also.

That’s your computer causing that, not the program. Loads fine on my MacBook. It’s a Hollywood grade editor and needs decent power to run it.

That’s your computer causing that, not the program. Loads fine on my MacBook. It’s a Hollywood grade editor and needs decent power to run it.
Well that rules both me and the computer out then, me and the laptop are both crap. ;)

+1 it’s great. I’m
quite invested in Adobe but may switch in due course.

Back