Dawn at Hod Hill

Name
Mark
Edit My Images
Yes
Taken at Hod Hill, a Hill Fort near Blandford Forum Dorset.

C&C appreciated.

Love the sky in this - well done. For me there is a bit too much foreground. I can see why you have done it and the lines are effective but I would consider maybe loosing a bit more grass. Great shot though.

Agreed. For me there is a little too much grass in the fore too. I'd rather see a bit more down in the dip where those trees are :)

That sunrise was flipping early too. It seems best about 1 hour later round my way... though I'm not sure if that's what time it clears the hills etc.

Love the sky in this - well done. For me there is a bit too much foreground. I can see why you have done it and the lines are effective but I would consider maybe loosing a bit more grass. Great shot though.

Agreed. For me there is a little too much grass in the fore too. I'd rather see a bit more down in the dip where those trees are :)

Cheers for the positive comments and the constructive crit. I hear 100% what you are saying. I did take a shot closer but it just didn't have the lead in. I'll try and find one to show you why it didn't work.

That sunrise was flipping early too. It seems best about 1 hour later round my way... though I'm not sure if that's what time it clears the hills etc.

I think the clock is an hour out on my camera - never adjusted it for BST - oops! No way I'd be up that early!

I like all the foreground interst and I lvoe the sky. Very good picture!!

Thanks.

I like the composition as it is. Perhaps cloning out that blade of grass bottom left?

The exposure is spot on.

I like the composition as it is. Perhaps cloning out that blade of grass bottom left?

Yes it crossed my mind. I will at some point.

The exposure is spot on.

Thanks. I have a small secret. I blended the sky and the foreground from two bracketed shots in PSE.

Back