Dawn Breaks at Misty Mam Tor Peak District

Name
Andrew
Edit My Images
Yes
mam tor sunrise.jpg

I remember this scene fondly, it wasn't quite the planned location I had in my mind as I wanted to shoot misty trees down at Bole Hill Quarry, however the temptation got the better of me.

A wonderful misty view of the Edale and Hope valley, as the sunrises and gives the land the first warm light of the day

Last edited:
I like that, a wonderful view indeed and not over-processed :)

thank you everyone, much appreciated

Really beautiful! That's the kind of light I dream about. Guess I better set my alarm for earlier..

Excellent :)

The world doesn't need another photo taken from here Andy...not now anyway!

Sterling work mate :)

Lovely image Andrew. Great view towards Loose Hill and the chimney of the cement works in the Hope valley just visible on the RHS.

cheers guys much appreciated, cheers nick, hope you are well down in Wales!

A classic scene very well executed, beautiful.

Last edited:
Superb photo Andrew, what lens did you use?, was it the tokina 11-16, I bought your canon 17-40 of you in 2011 which is still taking good if not great pics lol.
Hope you are well.

Hi Shaun, I do rmember, i used the canon 16-35mm F4 L IS to shoot mounted on the Sony A7R body.

Do you recommend the Sony a7, with the canon lens, you must of used an adapter like a metabones, I have purchased a olympus omd of late and was toying with the idea of an adaptor but don't thing the results would have been as good due to 2x crop factor.

Last edited:
absolutely, for still / landscape photography, I use the A7R as a digital back for my canon lenses, the DR and low noise ISO of the A7R works well for me, sure the interface of the sony isnt as nice to use, and there are a few niggles but overall it works well for me

cheers,

andy

Awesome, nice burst!

cheers bolt, pegasus

Back