Day at the Races

Name
Fiona
Edit My Images
Yes
born and Bred next to the race course, never been before and never shot racing before so im pretty pleased with the results......

2648859163_63746c323a_o.jpg

2646871407_b80bae570d_o.jpg

2646872175_87f5e1f124_o.jpg

2647704794_1fc8f1b98d_o.jpg

2647706380_8fa6f690d8_o.jpg

2646873129_aae2289e4c_o.jpg

tfl

Last edited:
Good series.

I like the comp on the first-loads of impact, but the processing looks a bit skewed?

Fourth has loads of energy, fifth needs a bit more empty space for the horses to run into, and last is a peach.

Thats a nice set - good clear bright and colourful shots!

No 1 though is a stunner - that image has such depth Its a winner :D

Loving the effects in number one....works really well....others all very sharp...I think number five is my fav out of the coloured bunch.....all great photos thoughxx

didint notice the skew.. all sorted now hopefully! many thanx

Fi

I felt the 'processing' was a bit skewed, not the pole :)

Should have been clearer-sorry

I find the B&W looks a bit unnatural, no shadows, a bit noisy and the contrast lines are deteriorating.

It's an excellent composition with real impact, a more 'normal' type of processing would suit it better (IMO)

ahhhh well at least it made me notice the skewwiffidness ( thats a new word by the way)........ anyway Les just for you......... although i think it has much less impact but its horses for courses i guess < excuse the pun >

I was thinking a more 'normal' B&W conversion, still keeping the gritty contrast, but losing the 'infra-red' look that yours has.

But as you say it's 'horses for courses' :)

Back