Day lillies

Name
Liz
Edit My Images
No
Thanks to this forum, I feel like I've got my mojo back a bit :LOL: Have been reading and reading about lighting as I have an off camera flash that I need to learn to use properly. I noticed a spray of day lillies together in the garden so set about taking some pics, but instead of just snapping randomly, I actually took my time, tried different things, moved the flash around, removed stuff from the background.

This is the best one I came up with, its actually a composite, I did a focus stack to try and get all the flowers as sharp as I could. Added a bit of a vignette because there were still lighter bits of foliage causing a distraction.
daylillies800px.jpg

Then I had a play in photoshop, had lost my inspiration in there too, but came up with this, which I absolutely LOVE! Think this is going on my wall
daylilliesbw800px.jpg

Not into B+W myself but I agree a wall hanger it is, nice job..:)

I really like it in B&W would look great on the wall

Do like the B&W version, wouldn't have thought of doing a conversion like that with the colours of the original, thanks!

Thanks guys! I wouldn't have thought of it normally, but I had the channels pallette open and there was so much detail in the blue channel, I had a play with the channel mixer and this appeared. It's on my desktop at the moment, will be printed when I next get some prints done :D

Back