Critique Daybreak in Leicestershire

Name
David
Edit My Images
Yes
Took these a couple of weeks ago. Woke up early (still dark) but there was a suggestion of a coming great sunrise in the sky so I dragged myself out. The first two photos show that the promised golden dawn did not materialise but I am not too disappointed with the results. Then on the way back home the rising sun exploded through the clouds and gave a glorious light. Parked the car and took the other three photos. This is my first contribution to TP - critique very welcome.352a.jpg IMG_1735.jpg IMG_1742.jpg IMG_1759.jpg IMG_1761.jpg

Welcome to the frey David! Always expect the unexpected! I guess it's a lesson we all learn, never throw your hand in to early, especially at either end of the day, even if Bacon sarnies and a hot mug of tea are calling!
No3 for me, love the rays pouring through the arch of the bridge. Hot sure if I'd contemplate losing some off the top to loose som of the blown sky.

Since you asked for critique:

1 & 2 - a bit too dull & flat - potentially interesting if the light were better, but the composition doesn't really do too much either.

3 - great light, nice composition, but everything is apparently out of focus.

4 - odd shadows (the horses look like lighter areas have been painted on with a brush) and OOF again.

5 - good lighting and atmosphere, but the path by the trees isn't strong enough to draw the eye in, and that causes the composition to fail. Focus again soft.

number 1 and the horses are great, well captured

Back