Daylight Robbery by Renault!!!

Name
James
Edit My Images
Yes
This probably wont interest many of you but i need to vent!

I am shocked and appalled at the price i have just been quoted for a black plastic insert for the bumper on my megane. The bit in question is circled in red, and they want £64+vat!! The same thing at ford is £20!!!
0307_1_2003_renault_megane_ii_sedan_front.jpg

On top of this to replace headlight bulb (which you cant replace unless you are double jointed or have a spare hour or so and Haynes manual to remove the bumper) they want £55

Watch this space 'Renault Megane for sale' coming soon...........

A number of these modern cars have this issue with headlight replacement.. i remember something in the news a few months back. Best stick to daylight driving., could save you a fortune in the long run!

Yup. New Vectra I believe. £5 for the bulb and £70 to fit it.

I looked at one on the new shape corsa the other day and that looks like a similar arrangement.

Absolutely crazy.

It's not that bad, if it were a Honda it would be about twice that price:eek:

Yep, and what makes the whole thing even crazier is that in France, it is law that you have to carry a spare buld for each light on the car should one fail! Thats great, but you cant fit it!!! nows there is logic!

Nissan own Renault now! Renault's are appalingly expensive for parts friend has a Grand Espace who is always complaining how expensive the parts are. She currently needs a rear tail light which new is about £400, same part on my Focus is about £80.

I had a MGZT for a bit, one of the plastic xenon headlights had a crack in it, phoned the MG supplier £600

Both headlamps blew on my old Clio last year - I discovered this mid evening the day before we went on holiday! Not ideal timing, and I knew from experience it was a git of a thing to try to access, so I gritted my teeth and headed down to the local Renault dealer to get them changed, fully expecting a big bill. Hey presto, both bulbs, supplied and fitted for the grand total of £21, AND that included the remainder of the contents of two spare bulb kits! Very impressed, so I guess this is the other side of the coin, so to speak. :shrug:

Ahhh:) I feel so much better about my old '95 Peugeot 405 estate... I have sports seats, air-con, sunroof, cheap parts (not that I've ever needed to replace any!!), and picked it up with a years MOT for £450...

All the more to spend on camera gear;)

Back